No announcement yet.

Suggestions for the 2011 picnic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ It's not a Competition, it's a Picnic. :)

Comment

who said your competing?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

You're talking about a People's Choice style event Matt, that's a competition for your catagory, whichever that may be.
        Chris
        90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

I swear evertime i suggest something, everyone is like no, bad idea sorry bro

you would have catagories, like best daily, dirtiest, m3, early late etc.

you think people are not going to wash cars to compete for dirtiest?

Its just fun to add something to the show, I always here people asking, how the featured cars got chosen...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post

you would have catagories, like best daily, dirtiest, m3, early late etc.

you think people are not going to wash cars to compete for dirtiest?

Its just fun to add something to the show, I always here people asking, how the featured cars got chosen...
            I like the idea, but if I may offer a different point of view.

The first two years I went to the picnic I did not have a special E30 in any way. 4 door 325i with bottle caps. Now it has some unique stuff, but here is what I love seeing at the picnic:

How people treat their E30 just because.

Be that dirty, clean, tracked, pimped, barely surviving, or swapped. And I love the attitude that all E30's are welcome. Not "All are welcome, but we'll stick the shitty ones over there". This is why I've never thought segregation of E30's was a good idea. Come as you are, park as you are. Now that's a little bit of an aside, but having awards for even "the shittiest" can only serve to influence people to change their E30 specifically for the picnic.

Perhaps if the awards were things that a person couldn't easily effect, like the "Highest mileage E30" that would be cool. It's cool because it also caters to the illogical pride we have for these cars :)

Okay, that was a bit more than I intended to say.
            [/rant]
            -------------------------------------------------
            1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
            2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post

I don't remember saying that, just clarified the aspect of a competition ;)

If you want to be a feature car, contact Lance directly.
              Chris
              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

There is usually a highest mileage award. Furthest traveled, youngest and oldest owners, newest owner (couple years ago it was a car purchased AT the picnic). There was a lowest award one year etc.

Not things that are matters of opinion. That gets messy, sloppy, and time consuming. It also would detract from what the picnic is designed for, enthusiasts of any walk. There are other car 'shows' that do what you are speaking of. The picnic isnt a car show, more of a meet & greet with a lil show & tell on the side by default.

edit: Can I put my car in my 5 months old's name to win said youngest owner award? teehee
                sigpic

Comment

Guys, thanks for the feedback.

The Featured Cars generally represent stories that I come across that I think will interest the group. If we had the time, we'd pass the mic around to the whole group and hear about each car, because each car has a story. But we don't have the time, so I pick 4 or 5.

If the story is about a restoration, then the car might be in great condition. But more often, the car is probably "average" but the car and/or owner has an interesting story to tell. At least in my opinion, and so long as I'm running the show, I pick the Featured Cars. :)

But I am open to suggestions.

That being said, I've got the Featured Cars confirmed for this year.
                  Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                  www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

I dont want to be a featured car, my car is a pile lol

and Lance Im also against segregation

maybe it was me ranting lol.

Off topic: 1 thing that bugs me, people are always like he your car is so nice, i wish mine had those, or that, etc...

they have had car for a month, and Ive had mine almost 5 years lol, I hate when people think they need to have their car at a certain level...

See you soon lance

Comment

I strive to one day be a featured car.

Comment

How is parking for non E30's. My M3 is having some of the interior done; know way it will be complete in time! I am however thinking of bringing another flared fender beast out.

Thanks,

Tyler

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
                        R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

Originally posted by europeanplates View Post
                          How is parking for non E30's. My M3 is having some of the interior done; know way it will be complete in time! I am however thinking of bringing another flared fender beast out.

Thanks,

Tyler
                          There is general parking for non-E30s at the Main entrance to LeMay. The E30s go past the main entrance to the secondary "Marymount" entrance. Same as last year.
                          Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                          www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

so i guess i'm coming after all. wife's ok with it, registered this afternoon. see you all there...
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I just signed up! I'll see you guys there... With my work in progress E30
                              Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Working...
                              X