PNW Picnic - SE Caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YGPM

Yea, I was FINALLY able to track down a charging problem on Sunday night. Turns out one of the power wires from the distribution block decided it didn't like how it was connected and got a little melty. I fixed it though. Only now my tach seems that it only like working at like 1/2 speed, going to check MT and make sure it's not set for 1/2 speed. Other than that the S3.25 should be going in tomorrow night after work.
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Am I the only one that is stressing for no apparent reason? I'm ready to get on the road, stupid waiting.
      My 2.9L Build!

There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Its just a picnic man... we just sit around and sing songs and eat sandwiches... right?! ;)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
          Am I the only one that is stressing for no apparent reason? I'm ready to get on the road, stupid waiting.
          Maybe, because I have very apparent reasons to be stressing

I still got one more visit to the shop and a visit to the alignment rack.
          Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
          EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
          FullOpp Stickers for sale!
          NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
          Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
          ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Ok, just making sure I wasn't alone on that one.
            My 2.9L Build!

Comment

finally fixed my fuel pump issue this week, need to start packing all my shit up, im hoping to get all of my clothes in the trunk :)

Comment

i dont even want to raise my car, but it would be the smart thing to do i guess :)

Comment

Hahaha. Ok, I feel a LOT better now. Threw the 3.25 in there and wow. It's like taking first gear away and adding a sixth (still 5 gears though). Kind of hard to understand. Doing 70, with the 4.10 I used to be somewhere around 3700-3800, now with the 3.25 I'm right around 2900-3100.

Oh, and I cut 15 cats off of cars today and my boss is letting me keep the money he gets from the guy that we sell the cats to. Two of them were from an E32 740 and weighed like 30 pounds (they're supposed to be worth like 300-400 bucks a piece).
                  I've got an appointment on Saturday from 2-5 to FINALLY hit the dyno and tune out my spark map and make SURE all is well in that department. Hopefully now I will be getting more than 230 miles a tank.
                  My 2.9L Build!

Comment

70mph is 1800-1900rpms for me :)

I was going to fine tune my car tonight but mother's in town. *sigh* maybe tomorrow after work.
                    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

What are you having to tune? Quick question, is your cruise AFR set at 15:1 or 14.7:1?
                      My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Guys, seeing as how I am making this trip with you, I figured I should read the whole thread. Just did.

My thoughts would be leaving St. Louis no later than 6am Monday morning. Bombing 70 over to Denver, a little few hour rest (not overnight), then cutting up SLC, then on Tuesday, taking the 12 hour which can go as quick as 10 onto Portland.

Night driving, if you guys can handle it, will make the trip go seemingly faster. Especially through the midwest.

I am jumping on the plane down to Jacksonville in 8 hours.

Bringing some misc items, new fuel pump for Elliott, Nav, Valentine1, 2 way radios. So I have this drive after a full day of air travel.

Anything else I need to grab before I take off in the AM?
                        sigpic

Comment

I think we're pretty straight, but leaving at 6am from St.Louis will give us day-time driving through most of central US.

Feedback Thread

Comment

The interesting part is when we cross over the Rockies. Me and my dad were looking at the route on some map program he has and it showed some parkway is opening from "Winter Closure" tomorrow. I've never driven in snow (much less seen more than 1/2" of snow ever) or driven through any mountains. This will be interesting.
                            My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Snow? *looks at current tires*

Oh man... hahahaha this is going to be FUN!

I am most definetly setting up the camera mount inside the cockpit and have the other one recording you guys for some Top Gear type sh*t.

- Erick

Feedback Thread

Comment

Hahaha, I've got a camera mount on my pass. headrest. Maybe I will make one of those ones that goes where the rear "Oh SHIT" handles are so that the camera is up a little more.
                                My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Working...
                                X