Weekly Meet in College Park Starbucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
    Not true on a few fronts. 1.) your intention to build a turbo for the car could mean that you should buy a running car in good condition, now that when you decide to turbo with the compression numbers you have found, you are likely going to rebuild anotehr engine, which makes the swap a moot point. 2.) a 3000 dollar e30 can be found in rust free, and mechanical bug free condition. I'm certain given the first vehicle I have pass along to Jeff 3 a year ago is proof enough that a great condition car for around 3 grand can be had. 3.) for any vehicle there is a the base number, car or motorcycle or trucks, below the base number you will likely get something that would cost you more. I think for e30s it is around 3k if you want a decent driver; give or take a few hundred.

You know I dont lend out my tools.
    1.) The turbo argument is partially true, because I've always made it clear that the turbo engine is going to be a fully rebuilt engine. The compression numbers for this bottom end are irrelevant to my turbo plans.

2.) Yes is it possible to find a good condition, well running car in this area for 3k. The only problem is that hasn't been the case for the last 6 months or so. I know, because I checked CL every day and made numerous calls to the owners. If it was in good condition, then it was almost always a late model, which I have been adamant is stating I was not at all interested in. So to find an early model in good running & physical condition for 3k has been near impossible. The only one that ever came up in the past 6 months was the brilliantrot 325i in Philadelphia. Recently clean versions of e30s in good form are closer to 3500-4000. I can easily link you to a number of people on r3v in the area that were selling cars in barely better condition than mine for $3000 or more.

3.) You just said on Sunday that you were going to bring the torque wrench on Friday, are you reneging?
    stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
      You just said on Sunday that you were going to bring the torque wrench on Friday, are you reneging?
      I'm not going to quibble with you on here.

Just because I didn't point out that you are rude when you decided to include me and my tools to put your car together without politely asking, doesn't mean I am agreeing to it.

So I'm going to let you have the last word on your car, and save you some face, and I hope you have the good sense to drop it.

Comment

Hey guys it was good meeting up with everyone tonight, I had a fun time and everyone seems pretty chill and laid back. I'm going to try and make it to a couple meets a month.

Comment

sweet man, hope to see you next time.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

guess who's coming next week!!!?
            this guy.

Comment

Guess who's not coming next week then...this guy!

lol jk
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Lol jeff

Comment

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
                  Guess who's not coming next week then...this guy!

lol jk

ha haha ha.

touche

Comment

I'm pretty new here - does this happen every week? Is it happening tomorrow?
                    1976 2002 - "Augie"
                    1976 2002 - "Ruby"
                    1991 318i - "Ed"
                    1995 525it - FOR SALE
                    2001.5 S4 Avant 6MT - Family Hauler

Comment

Yep. We will be there.
                      84 Henna 325e - 88 Delphin 325iC -90 Schwartz 325is - 93 AW740iL - 01 Titan 740iLSport

Comment

lol devon got banned. again.

Comment

for what now??
                          84 Henna 325e - 88 Delphin 325iC -90 Schwartz 325is - 93 AW740iL - 01 Titan 740iLSport

Comment

for being devon.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Good news: I work days now, so I can maybe make it out to a meet!
                              Bad news: E30 swap # I-stopped-counting hasn't started yet. New position has crappier pay scheduling.

Glad to see this is still happening and apparently Brody is still trying to stay complicated.

Comment

excellent!
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X