No announcement yet.

Weekly Meet in College Park Starbucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh I was at work with my E30 and drove right past here and forgot all about this. Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
      yep, as long as I can get my car charged up, it died again. :( I guess it wasn't the speaker draining the battery...
      is this a new problem?

what was the last thing you did to the car?
      AWD > RWD

Comment

I've seen some pretty bad ground wires on the alternators of 2 of the last 3 BMWs I've worked on.
        Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
          I've seen some pretty bad ground wires on the alternators of 2 of the last 3 BMWs I've worked on.
          Ive been having some drainage issues too, electrical... I need to check that ground. Same thing plagued my VW.

Comment

finally!
            i got a friday off!!!!
            i will be rolling down!

funny story about a ground wire and an m50 that refused to crank :D

Comment

yep, as long as I can get my car charged up, it died again. :( I guess it wasn't the speaker draining the battery...
              My battery kept dying do to the fact my radio antenna was bent and it would get stuck and the motor would keep running to put it down. Happened to someone else I knew as well. Its an idea...

87 325is Alpineweiss III current, 71 chevy c10 current,
              74 2002 ti sold, 85 528e sold, 90 325i sold,
              89 325i sold, 86 325es parted, 86 325e sold,
              95 525i sold, 73 mercedes 450se sold, 71 datsun 510 wagon sold

Comment

the e36 is back up and running, I still haven't discovered the original power draw but at the very least I can still drive the car. I'm hoping to pinpoint the problem this weekend. I haven't had the ability to check for corrosion on the ground wire
                stephenbrody.com

Comment

the e36 is back up and running, I still haven't discovered the original power draw but at the very least I can still drive the car. I'm hoping to pinpoint the problem this weekend. I haven't had the ability to check for corrosion on the ground wire
                  charge it up, and sell it to someone quickly. go get an e30 instead :)

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
                    charge it up, and sell it to someone quickly. go get an e30 instead :)
                    And then who would be able to drive everyone to the yard on sundays??
                    stephenbrody.com

Comment

See you guys on Friday.
                      I don't think that my e28 is gonna make it this time (it would be perfect, huh Yun?)
                      But I may be coming up with someone in their M6. Maybe.
                      Slicktop City!

Comment

gonna bring my ix out this friday. :)
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
                          See you guys on Friday.
                          I don't think that my e28 is gonna make it this time (it would be perfect, huh Yun?)
                          But I may be coming up with someone in their M6. Maybe.

How can you tell a real M6? I saw an 88 recently with the badging and some fancier looking wheels.

I may be out this Friday, again. See what the household plans are.

Comment

And then who would be able to drive everyone to the yard on sundays??
                            Cody's Saturn FTW.
                            1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
                            1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
                            1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

We should be there as long as it is not raining...
                              84 Henna 325e - 88 Delphin 325iC -90 Schwartz 325is - 93 AW740iL - 01 Titan 740iLSport

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                                gonna bring my ix out this friday. :)
                                I thought it was a disaster?
                                If it's driving...

Hopefully my e28 will be mostly done and daily driveable in the next week or so, then I can start work on MY ix.
                                I have so many parts just waiting for it. The only thing I don't have that I need to order is new tires. I have to pick the best 4 out of 7 weaves. Okay, maybe 5. Gotta have a spare...
                                Slicktop City!

Comment

Working...
                                X