Easton PA: Help/Good mechanic needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easton PA: Help/Good mechanic needed

Any mechanics or mechanically inclined person in the area looking to make some side money? I need assistance with an M20 swap (switching head and trans to another block) I'm unemployed at the moment so i don't have money to pay a shop, will pay in food and beer or cash lol

Have some basic tools, but probably not all required, plus it would be great to have someone helping me that's experienced with this kinda stuff instead of trying to tackle it alone with my Bentley manual

Have a spare block already, need to order the head gasket and seals etc. The engine is stripped down and partially ready to come out of the car, few more small things need to be stripped off

PM me for more details or questions

if you were local i'd help. sorry man.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Thanks, hopefully someone local is down, otherwise i'm wrenching by myself as usual

Comment

Join the club.
        When I have an extra set of hands, I can really get stuff done. It just motivates me, as I don't want to waste someone else's time...
        Slicktop City!

Comment

My buddy is down to help me, but he mostly messes with Honda's and anytime i've let him touch anything on my car he doesn't take his time and tries to butcher it. So he's only around as company as i don't let him touch shit unless it's handing me tools lol

Comment

What exactly are you doing? Pulling a motor? Just doing a head swap?

Comment

im about 2 hrs from you....i've never done a swap on an e30 but done them on other cars....if you cant find anyone local id come help
              "no, i didnt slap u...that was my hand giving ur face a high five"

Comment

The m20 currently in the car has a bad rod, i have a replacement M20 block that i need to swap everything over to. so we would be pulling the M20 in the car and switching the head and trans onto the replacement, then dropping the newly put together replacement M20 into the car.

Anyway i have to put this off a few weeks anyway, some stuff came up and i'm really broke so i can't purchase all the gaskets and seals. etc that i need, plus i have to change the trans in my daily driver grr

Comment

bummer man.....well lmk when you want help and i'll try and come help
                  "no, i didnt slap u...that was my hand giving ur face a high five"

Comment

do you have a cherry picker? How are you planning to remove the engine? I may be able to help ya out. Gots a Bentley manual you could use as well

Comment

I have a cherry picker, and a little experience pulling engines.

Kind of a drive...
                      Slicktop City!

Comment

I hit a rut with my DD and have to change the auto trans in it, so this is on the back burner for now. Im picking up the trans next week sometime anyone down to wrench on that lol

Amiller: i definitely appreciate the offer, if it's a far drive you're always welcome to sleep here i got some air mattresses

Yert315: Yea i have a cherry picker, its missing a wheel though. My neighbor said i could put blocks of wood under it and it would be fine. I also have a Bentley manual. I need to get some wooden dollies and a torque wrench and i think that should be all i need to get this done, aside from all new gaskets and seals etc.

Lds: I appreciate the offer, if you do decide to make the drive you can always sleep here i got some air mattresses

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCams View Post

Yert315: Yea i have a cherry picker, its missing a wheel though. My neighbor said i could put blocks of wood under it and it would be fine.
                          that won't work. You need to be able to move the motor away from the car after you've lifted it out. Try and find a wheel to replace it with.

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                            that won't work. You need to be able to move the motor away from the car after you've lifted it out. Try and find a wheel to replace it with.
                            You can push the car back, instead of the hoist.

But yes, you can pick up a castor for less then $5. Get some grade 5 or better hardware, drill some holes in the leg since they probably won't line up with the castor, and away you go.

I'd help ya, I've done all kinds of motor swaps. I'm just balls deep in too many projects right now :(

If things slow down, I'll get ahold of ya and see if you still need help.
                            85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                            e30 restoration and V8 swap
                            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Sorry for not responding sooner i was out of state for a few days, thanks for the advice and the offer JGood

Comment

Working...
                              X