Luray Caverns Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luray Caverns Drive

So Today I drove out to the Luray Caverns area to go canoeing, the roads out there were awesome!!! Fantastic turns with a 55mph speed limit, I had a solid 20 miles of curvy roads. Total drive from bethesda was just under 2 hours (at 85mph-ish on the highway). If we want to have a fall drive, I highly recommend this route, it was great and the caverns should be a great place for a bbq/photoshoot.
    stephenbrody.com

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
    So Today I drove out to the Luray Caverns area to go canoeing, the roads out there were awesome!!! Fantastic turns with a 55mph speed limit, I had a solid 20 miles of curvy roads. Total drive from bethesda was just under 2 hours (at 85mph-ish on the highway). If we want to have a fall drive, I highly recommend this route, it was great and the caverns should be a great place for a bbq/photoshoot.

I was thinking about having a run to sky line drive next month.

Comment

I was right in that area, It's a great drive once you get on 340. The roads beyond skyline are great.
      stephenbrody.com

Comment

I just drove 211/skyline last weekend it was GREAT. Its great going UP because you can pass people and your not riding the brakes the whole time.

Comment

How did you get there from Bethesda ?

Comment

im down for a skyline run.
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
              Still thinking about Mid Oct

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                I'm in. Lets get a date and time. I'm at the beginning in Waynesboro if anyone wants to meet there and drive up.
                1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by bostonbmw View Post
                  How did you get there from Bethesda ?
                  It was a semi roundabout way. I took 66 to 55 to 79 the to 340. Google maps gave me a great route. I went to the Shenandoah River Outfitters to go canoeing.

Originally posted by Viper Two Four View Post
                  Still thinking about Mid Oct
                  Sounds like a good time frame.
                  stephenbrody.com

Comment

I gets very crowded when the leaves start to change. 211 is AMAZING if you like a challenging drive.

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

Comment

i like how you have time to go canoeing, but not come to the meets.

AWESOME BROSEF.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                      X