Failed NOVA Emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed NOVA Emissions

I just got done rebuilding the motor so the emissions is long expired (as well as the registration). Took the car to one shop, they turned me down for a tiny exhaust leak after the cat. Took it to another shop and they wouldn't even look at it because "the idle was too high". Any body know someone who can pass my car? She's an '88 so this is the last emissions I ever have to do.

can you fix the leak
    #Treadlifematters

Comment

Originally posted by Bothfeetin View Post
      can you fix the leak
      i think you should fix the leak first before taking the test again.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
      ---------------------------------
      89 E30 S52
      ---------------------------------
      Transaction Feedback.

Comment

well I would but the leak is from the cat itself. The car has 2 more years until it is considered an "antique" in Virginia and therefor won't need emissions testing. So Im not trying to throw a bunch of money at it if I can find a way around it

Comment

Fix the the minor issues, why bother trying to get around the system. NoVa chapter is very active here and on BFc and will help work on it vs going around the issues.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

get a new cat from summit racing. its like $65. have it welded in by a reputable shop.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Problem is I can't afford to have all of that work done. I honestly don't care enough if it has a small exhaust leak or not.

No worries though. Found a loophole. :)

Thanks for all of the replies!

Comment

Working...
              X