Installed : JOM Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed : JOM Coilovers

Major thanks to Kershaw for wrenching. DaymamAhhhhhhhahhh for the workplace. ThereIsNoYun for the fresh perspective and the enlightenment. Not pictured is his handy work Installing my antenna gasket correctly, fully.

Rides very well. Just like OEM should be. There is so much drop left too. No adjuster out back. 12 threads from the bottom on the front adjusters. Just what I was hoping for.

Dirty car. Phone pictures.

Comment

Awesome glad to see you finally got it low! Your car is one of the only early model verts I really like. So clean.
      My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

nice man, it looks great.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by ill4noreason View Post
          Awesome glad to see you finally got it low! Your car is one of the only early model verts I really like. So clean.
          ouch.

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          nice man, it looks great.
          still waiting for epic battle.

Comment

did you cut off the spring perch or just sent the front adjuster in? I'm not a fan of these coils but a set fall in my lap. Gonna put them no my spare E30

Comment

No cutting.

Why dont you like them? From experience or you read somewhere? They ride beautifully. Went for a cruise just last night just because.

Comment

I see it as a method to slam your car. For $400, it'll do that well. But I generally go "coilover" for performance. This has none of it. Technically, IIRC the springs are imbalanced for E30s.

Comment

^But wait, he said they rode beautifully! Haha.
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

daily yea. Try doing more than that.

Comment

If I wanted a race car, I wouldn't have gone vert. Go spend all your money on parts internet cool guy.

Yes, a method to drop my car. Happens it rides very nicely as well.

Technically, I don't need to daily. I have three other cars. This is a fair weather, joy ride car.

To keep the thread on topic....For anyone else, not too good for a budget suspension, these work well. I think there are others here that daily them happily. If I were to say they are HR Springs and Konis guys would say oh, wow, hella cool. Maybe they are, can you tell?

Comment

I didn't say they didn't work well for what you wanted. I just said I didn't like them, you asked why, and I answered.

If you want to drop your car on the cheap, this def works great. That's why I have my set and don't plan on selling it.

Comment

Awesome. It looks great! I will be installing these sometime in the near future.
                          -Alex

Comment

For installing, found out it is easier to cut the old ones out than dealing with a shitty AutoZone spring compressor. Everything else should just slip in. Oh hindsight....

Comment

hindsight is 20/20 ;)

I would have cut off the stock perch, too. Installed these on a friends car and adjusting was a bitch with the stock perch still on
                              -Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X