No announcement yet.

Drift Spot Check....Hatian Drift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a worthwhile expenditure of time gentlemen. Take it to E46Fanatics/Vortex/HondaTech if you must.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
      That spot is an elementary school off of a mildly busy road. There's a cop that sits down the road a bit catching speeders. I believe penalties for sliding on state property is bad in VA (IIRC). I used to slide there from time to time. It's not that great for more than some basics.

First, if you want to learn to drift and have an E30 here, really, I'm the first person you should talk to. Second, there is merit in slow drifting for beginners. Hopping into 3rd isn't ideal for newbs. Summit point is a nice track but isn't as newb friendly. Third, your car needs much work to be slidable. Mainly a good suspension. Can't tell by this thread if you have an LSD or not. probably needs a rebuild regardless.
      Lulz

The only good/helpful comment completly ignored by everyone.

Comment

*shrugs* I'm used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by calsonic View Post
          There are very few drivers that are exceptionally good at DN. Most of them are noobs like you. No one really cares if you spin out/suck. Your car is too floppy and after glancing through your build thread, you seem to be spending your money in the wrong places. All you need: A full ground control coilover kit (you'll want custom spring rates that are much stiffer than what they initially offer, but i'll leave you to do the research on it), a working LSD (I have a built 3 clutch and 3 dogear plate diff I'm selling for $500 obo), good front tires, and most importantly track time.

This is close to the limit of what you can do with a stock drivetrain in an E30.

https://vimeo.com/29198202
          That's awesome. Been wanting to go out to one of these. I may have to buy another E30 to play with since it would kill me if I bent up my daily. I'll go to watch a ride to get a feel for what a properly setup E30 for drift feels like. Mine's a compromise setup for autox and daily duties.

H&R OE Sport Springs - Bilstein HD's - Kosei K1's ET27 - Toyo R888 - ZHP 5spd knob - BavAuto strut bar - DINAN Chip - E30 M3 Offset Bushings - Colgan bra - P-car daily

Comment

calsonic's car isn't a typical setup anymore. Esp with the 1J. It's still going through a lot of R&D. ODS is also gone and no longer an option for drifting.

Comment

tight lil run you found malik, im down to roll to drift nirvana this year

Comment

Working...
              X