Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mdlax30
    replied
    Historic tags going on 4 years now. Daily driven 40 miles a day to and from work. I have tag frames that cover the "Historic" label at the bottom of the tag so it's less conspicuous as I am driving around. One time a State Trooper actually pulled up next to me as I was driving on the highway and rolled down his window to say "nice car" lol

Leave a comment:

• RWD BLOWS
    replied
    I also have historic tags but my car hasn't ran since the week of Thanksgiving. If anyone is willing to help near harford county it would be greatly appreciated for sure. I did a lot of PM type work and cannot get it to run right. Feel free to PM me if knterested.

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    I still have historic plates on mine. Now it truly is only a weekend rider but for awhile I was commuting to Baltimore everyday with it. Never had a problem but also didn't drive like an idiot.

And as for Hunt Valley, used to try to go every weekend. One of the main things I miss about moving out of the area.

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    I've been meaning to get up there for months, will make a point to get up there this spring

Leave a comment:

• Slybeanx
    replied
    Do any of you guys go to the coffee and cars in hunt valley?

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Yeah I noticed that in the updated rules. Not like I'm ever really riding dirty, but still.

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Anybody doing the historic tag thing? Thoughts?
    Automatic probable cause to pull you over if a cop feels like it. They usually don’t, but they can ay time they want to.

I never had any trouble with it, but I didn’t abuse it too badly. I’ve had friends who had a bad time.

Back when I lived in MD, I generally used Historic tags as an easy way to get a car up to spec before putting it through the safety inspection.

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Anybody doing the historic tag thing? Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• driftxsequence
    replied
    im in delaware and sometimes go to cecil drag way with my ix.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
    Zero affiliation with the college park e30 meet.
    And thank goodness for that!

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Broken88 View Post
    I plan to attend that one once it warms up. I wasn't sure if the e30 turnout was still strong there. I went to college in College Park, and have attended a handfull of GTGs there. If I remember correctly, it was always 99% brand new cars that basically looked stock. Granted, that was about 10 years ago.
    That's the CPT meet. I also used to go 10+ years ago. Zero affiliation with the college park e30 meet.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    I also went to College Park, and this is a smaller meet up that is more of a group of friends hanging out. In Winter there will usually be less than eight people and when it's warm we often get a few more.

Leave a comment:

• Broken88
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    If only there were some sort of weekly gathering of E30s, or at least other BMWs...

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=145091

I plan to attend that one once it warms up. I wasn't sure if the e30 turnout was still strong there. I went to college in College Park, and have attended a handfull of GTGs there. If I remember correctly, it was always 99% brand new cars that basically looked stock. Granted, that was about 10 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Broken88 View Post
    Looks good. I am in Crofton. So right down the way from you. I haven't seen much of an e30 "scene" in our area. Wish there were more and some GTGs.
    If only there were some sort of weekly gathering of E30s, or at least other BMWs...

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=145091

Leave a comment:

• Broken88
    replied
    Originally posted by Gee13 View Post
    Noob in Severna Park, Anne Arundel County. Bit off more than I can chew with a 91 318iS that I found in WV covered in bedliner. Progress is sloooow.

Looks good. I am in Crofton. So right down the way from you. I haven't seen much of an e30 "scene" in our area. Wish there were more and some GTGs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X