Anyone else going to make the SCCA 16th St. Auto-x on the 11th? (this sunday) Its the season opener "fun run" event and I REALLY want to run it and hopefully I will have my car ready in time.
Got my fuel leak fixed, changed the oil, cleaned it out and some other little stuff today, still need to get and replace my seat slider brackets before I can run it. Either way, we plan on going to the event, any other E30's gonna be there?
Indy r3pres3nt!
Collapse
X
-
SWEEEET!!! I guess I had actually looked this track up before moving here, its less than an hours drive for me! I would like to make this event either driving or not, I need to get a CCA membership first and I wouldnt be surprised if registry is full by now.
Thanks for the linkLeave a comment:
-
The Putnam Park Road Course has provided thrill-seeking drivers an opportunity to drive their vehicle to its limits. At 1.78 miles long, this 10-turn track is open year-round – weather permitting – establishing a test-driving location conveniently located only 35 miles west of Indianapolis.
I won't be running but am going to hope to drop by.Leave a comment:
-
Thanks, I am likely going to at least join the local CCA, and maybe the SCCA later on. There are some other clubs up north that run at Tire Rack in South Bend, looks fun! I am hoping to have my car ready by the 17th, havent heard of Putnam, where is that?
A meet would be awesome, count me in if you guys wanna look at putting something together. I MIGHT have some 10mm spacers still, they are cut from old rotors so the arent the lightest in the world. I'll look for them.Leave a comment:
-
Welcome back.Whats up Hoosiers!
Moved here from western washington state about 6 months ago and am finally settled back in (lived here about 12 years ago). We have two E30's and one is a full track/autocross car, the other a daily driver. I have been into BMW's and racing for the last 8 years but I had kinda taken a break from it all for the last two years.
Time to get going again! So, I'm looking to meet local E30 enthusiasts, autocrossers, track junkies and the like. I am in Indianapolis (northwest side). If I can get the work needed on my track car finished I will try to get in on the early autocrosses coming up. Anyone here a CCA member or other local clubs?
I'm part of the CCA and it's pretty strong. Auto-X within it, and also SCCA. The Club's track weekend is the 17th at Putnam if you want to drop by.Leave a comment:
-
sweet, more peeps. We should get a meet going here.
Oh and there is also another german shop off of smith valley road between 37 and 135. Can't remember the name of it for the best of me though.Leave a comment:
-
Terre Haute here.
Just picked up an 88 325ix. Looking for a good transfer case and front passenger CV axle for it if anyone has one, I'll drive anywhere in Indiana or Illinois.Leave a comment:
-
Whats up Hoosiers!
Moved here from western washington state about 6 months ago and am finally settled back in (lived here about 12 years ago). We have two E30's and one is a full track/autocross car, the other a daily driver. I have been into BMW's and racing for the last 8 years but I had kinda taken a break from it all for the last two years.
Time to get going again! So, I'm looking to meet local E30 enthusiasts, autocrossers, track junkies and the like. I am in Indianapolis (northwest side). If I can get the work needed on my track car finished I will try to get in on the early autocrosses coming up. Anyone here a CCA member or other local clubs?Leave a comment:
-
There's also Euromotorworks on the NE side of town. (But have not done any business with) http://www.euromotorworks.com/
Carmel is a hot bed for BMWs (just north of Indy), so there is money in keeping them up.
There's also a local guy who is also on the forum who parts E30s and does some mechanical work on them in Westfield. Reggie: http://reggiesmotorworks.com/ So if your E30 ever needs anything, call him up.Leave a comment:
-
Man, BMW shops everywhere...I think I'm going to like this town!Leave a comment:
-
Haha. ZA actually is next door / shares a wall with NWF. Aaron is the main guy to talk to at Northwest. Tell him Heeter said great things. He remembered me and my car like a year and a half after I dealt with him a few times, and always great service and help. My uncle also has a long history there and they are very helpful.
Vaughn is a shop that does Merc, Volvo, and BMW work just down the road from NWF / ZA. http://www.vaughnmotorwerks.com/ They've always done tech inspections for the club and have taken care of some work I couldn't over the years (gas tank swap, pressing CSB, etc.)Leave a comment:
-
Yeah...i've been doing that drive every weekend for a month and a half now...not that scenic of a drive!
Thanks for the info, I talked to Zionsville andthey recommended Northwest Frame also. Is Vaughn a guy at Northwest Frame?
Thanks, Rob!Leave a comment:
-
Sweetness. I was just in STL, very exciting drive through SO IL.
Here is a shop that some locals were setting up a dyno day at: http://www.petecozzolino.com/motorsports/
For frame work, I would recommend Northwest Frame and Alignment: 10805 Andrade Drive Zionsville, IN 46077-9244 - (317) 873-3773. I have religiously used this shop and awesome service, friendly, knowledgeable and family run.
Vaughn should be able to work on your seal.Leave a comment:
-
I'm in the process of moving to Indy - just trying to sell my house back in STL first. Then I'll be bringing up the E30S50. I'll need some intel on places to get some work done on it before I can get it going 100% though...
-I need a really awesome exhaust shop that will do stainless.
-I need a shop that will fix some rust damage in the rear wheel wells (probably need to replace a portion of the left shock tower.
-I need a shop that will replace my rear transmission seal (dealership couldn't get the flange nut off even though they changed it 7 years ago).
-I need a dyno.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: