Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, Brad- do eeeet! You could probably get the whole e30s52 swap package from him for ~$2700, and since it's everything you need (incl trans?), it probably wouldn't take too terribly long to swap.

But you would need space and some time.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
      Drop it in... but im currently looking for a place to do it! So that might take another while, an I need another daily before Goin under the knife ..

Go check that one out. If I had ANY cash I'd buy it.

I can have my garage clean and ready to go by the end of the month! If you have everything for the swap I bet we could get it done over a long weekend.

I have a cherry picker, engine stand, air tools etc... OH and a kick ass garage stereo. :)

Once I clean my garage up I'm going to post an EPIC for sale thread with pictures of all the many parts cluttering the shelves...

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Well my 318 should ne fixed and ready by this weekend if it dnt snow...I hope not so I can drive it again!!
        sigpic
        HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
        " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
          Also, Brad- do eeeet! You could probably get the whole e30s52 swap package from him for ~$2700, and since it's everything you need (incl trans?), it probably wouldn't take too terribly long to swap.

But you would need space and some time.

Nothing will happen before the supercharger and E30 seats. But it is getting to tax season again :mrgreen:

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post

I can have my garage clean and ready to go by the end of the month! If you have everything for the swap I bet we could get it done over a long weekend.

I have a cherry picker, engine stand, air tools etc... OH and a kick ass garage stereo. :)

Once I clean my garage up I'm going to post an EPIC for sale thread with pictures of all the many parts cluttering the shelves...
            it really sounds like I need to check out your garage. It sounds heavenly. I do love me a well set up garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
              How could you NOT want a slow, underpowered, waffly, poor handling, boat that you can't find parts for, either aftermarket or OEM? what's wrong with you man?!?!?

:mrgreen:
              Originally posted by wh00sh View Post
              Can-do. Here's my daily.

nice, you said near cripple creek?

missed out on this one:
              Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

and i've got some decent news. Took the front driveshaft off and the front wheels still did not move freely and rear still driven by the engine, meaning the front differential is the problem. Hopefully the only problem, gonna get one and swap it out and cross the fingers that the t-case is still intact..
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I want that engine!! I've been milling over selling my M Coupe. I'd have to do a swap to make it hurt less.
                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                  I want that engine!! I've been milling over selling my M Coupe. I'd have to do a swap to make it hurt less.
                  Dont do it!

Selling the M coupe that is....

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post

missed out on this one:
                    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

and i've got some decent news. Took the front driveshaft off and the front wheels still did not move freely and rear still driven by the engine, meaning the front differential is the problem. Hopefully the only problem, gonna get one and swap it out and cross the fingers that the t-case is still intact..
                    Thanks, and I'll have to join in on the next one in the area. I recognize where all of those photos were taken. :)

Good luck with the front diff, and hope your t-case is good to go. That's probably the only thing about these cars that makes me nervous. The rest of the car seems like can be fixed DIY with persistence and patience.
                    '88 iX Money Pit/Labor of Love

Comment

missed out on this one:

You aren't driving it like that are you? Oh and ix diffs are specific... Prolly know that though.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                        You aren't driving it like that are you? Oh and ix diffs are specific... Prolly know that though.
                        yeah thanks, and was contemplating driving it RWD to the shop for t-case but was going to move it to a better place to work than on a snowy/icy/wet half dirt/half driveway spot it is currently in... may start the swap tomorrow if I can pick up the diff tonight
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

yeah thanks, and was contemplating driving it RWD to the shop for t-case but was going to move it to a better place to work than on a snowy/icy/wet half dirt/half driveway spot it is currently in... may start the swap tomorrow if I can pick up the diff tonight

Well hopefully you get it man....

Also who ever is in need of seats.. comfort and heated..
                          there is a nice set at the junkyard located near peoria in aurora, I don't know the exact address but they were in good condition!!
                          sigpic
                          HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                          " enjoy the show "

Comment

there is a nice set at the junkyard located near peoria in aurora, I don't know the exact address but they were in good condition!!
                            keep it down man, i haven't had time to get out there and get them!!! :)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                              it really sounds like I need to check out your garage. It sounds heavenly. I do love me a well set up garage.
                              Like I said, it's small (a deep one-car), but I have put much care into getting it set the way I like it. It's quite functional, and I can turn the stereo up loud enough that you can't hear the air compressor running (or anything else for that matter - my neighbors love me).

:-D

Alex saw it in the 'project-aftermath' stage of a complete and utter mess. Next time it will be much, much cleaner.

Comment

I need some Cardinal sports in case anyone runs across some in good condition.
                                '88 iX Money Pit/Labor of Love

Comment

Working...
                                X