This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    Yeah, they have came a LONG ways in the recent years. The changes to the current 2.0T are really nice. They are finally focusing on reliability.
    Good stuff. I wonder how serviceable they'll be. Are they still using a timing belt?

Comment

Yeah, they have came a LONG ways in the recent years. The changes to the current 2.0T are really nice. They are finally focusing on reliability.
      Heh. I tend to disagree. I have replaced more than one 2.0T camshaft and fuel pump because of inadequate lubrication (by design.) They are far harder to service than the 1.8s too.

The 2.0 runs great but it's still a VW at the end of the day, and they are built to look and feel nice when new, not to last.
      Chris
      97 M3
      01 325
      Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
        Good stuff. I wonder how serviceable they'll be. Are they still using a timing belt?
        The new EA888 uses timing chain.

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
        Heh. I tend to disagree. I have replaced more than one 2.0T camshaft and fuel pump because of inadequate lubrication (by design.) They are far harder to service than the 1.8s too.

The 2.0 runs great but it's still a VW at the end of the day, and they are built to look and feel nice when new, not to last.
        Are you talking about the EA888 or the EA113?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
          I will be in downtown denver on sunday morning/ afternoon if you guys want to shedule a meet or photoshoot or something
          A few of us will be at HPR, come join/spectate!
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
            A few of us will be at HPR, come join/spectate!
            perhaps but the idea of coors field/ union station excites me for photo ops. I have not driven north past wash park into denver since I bought
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

You'd rather photo shoot in Denver, near buildings that will always be accessible, rather than at a track, around track cars / racing environment that's not regularly open to spectators? Jus' sayin.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
              Originally posted by DTM190
              "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                You'd rather photo shoot in Denver, near buildings that will always be accessible, rather than at a track, around track cars / racing environment that's not regularly open to spectators? Jus' sayin.
                :ohsnap:
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

our old MK V GTi with the 6 speed was fantastically quick lapping the ring.

rear pads only lasted 8 laps though...
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

wats happening sunday?
                    1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                    1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                    1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                    1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                    1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                    I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Group going to HPR, there's a thread going in the mountain section bout it

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                      Originally posted by DTM190
                      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus View Post
                        wats happening sunday?
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

A steal for a 180.... but it needs $30k+ of work... :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                            A steal for a 180.... but it needs $30k+ of work... :hmm:

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/...n/1242825.html
                            Can we swap it?

Comment

Can we swap it?

might have some negative effects on the CG....

Comment

They make lead weights we can bolt down to fix that.

Comment

Working...
                                X