This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
    Avoid the 850 series. They cost a lot to keep on the road. Mine made it to 233k miles before my sister wrecked it though.

The V70/S70 is ok. I have like 3 in the family. The turbocharged ones are fun, but the CEL is always on for something stupid. The naturally aspirated ones are reliable though. No issues with that one.
    Thanks Roland. What is different between a late 850 and a v/s70? I though they were near identical (minus cosmetic and turbo changes). And of course post 2001 seem to be very different.

wikwi:"represented mainly new styling and revised suspensions from the 1993 through 1997 Volvo 850"

Comment

You know BMW makes great family cars too...

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        Yeah the volvo thing is just an alternative to what I really want;

I've been looking for I6 BMW manual wagon forever, and whenever I find one the price is silly. I know they're rare so that's the price.

I just don't trust the BMW V8s, not to mention if I go that way then i cant get a manual/wagon.

Comment

E39 6cyl manual wagon. Best BMW family car without buying new.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
            Agreed find me one for KBB, and it can join the mountain family!

Comment

I feel your pain. It wont be easy to find. A volvo isn't a bad choice.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

speak of the devil! I missed it because I always ignore dealer ads. Anybody live near Littleton?

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2309762923.html

map:http://maps.google.com/?q=5021+Rio+Grande+St.+A+80120

Comment

Originally posted by colorado_cabrio View Post
                  Thanks Roland. What is different between a late 850 and a v/s70? I though they were near identical (minus cosmetic and turbo changes). And of course post 2001 seem to be very different.

wikwi:"represented mainly new styling and revised suspensions from the 1993 through 1997 Volvo 850"
                  The S70/V70 is the 850 series without all of the issues. The interiors on the 850s fall apart, and many other things. They were essentially a test bed for volvo's FWD changeover, and it shows.

I love my 98 V70, I hated my 96 850. Same chassis, same engine, but everything else is better on the 98+ series.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  Yeah the volvo thing is just an alternative to what I really want;

I've been looking for I6 BMW manual wagon forever, and whenever I find one the price is silly. I know they're rare so that's the price.

I just don't trust the BMW V8s, not to mention if I go that way then i cant get a manual/wagon.
                  Agreed find me one for KBB, and it can join the mountain family!
                  I feel your pain. It wont be easy to find. A volvo isn't a bad choice.
                  speak of the devil! I missed it because I always ignore dealer ads. Anybody live near Littleton?

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2309762923.html

map:http://maps.google.com/?q=5021+Rio+Grande+St.+A+80120
                  Do that!

Comment

No longer receiving email updates from R3v. Wonderful

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                    Originally posted by DTM190
                    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

E39 6cyl manual wagon is nice.

very hard to find, but there is a nice e39 540 wagon on cl for 9k.
                      its an auto but I have a feeling it would be a lot of fun :D

why not e39 8 cyl auto wagon??
                      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                        No longer receiving email updates from R3v. Wonderful
                        yeah me too. i started a thread on it.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                          why not e39 8 cyl auto wagon??
                          I've spent some time in an e39 540iA and it was...meh

For me I have more fun driving a slow car fast, than a fast car slow. For something that heavy I'd really miss not having a clutch.

Also I sold my manual subaru to buy my wife the Audi (which is an auto but still fast as fuck). our 1997 pathfinder my current daily is still running strong, but uncomfortable for me to drive. She wants to buy a suburban, to be my daily, I'd rather eat a shit sandwich

So a manual, not particularly fast wagon seems like just the ticket

Comment

Whats wrong with Suburbans? :weak:

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                              Whats wrong with Suburbans? :weak:
                              It's a truck, I don't like trucks. Or more precisely I don't want a truck as my daily driver. Trucks are fine for hauling stuff, or off-road. But since I don't do either of those regularly I don't want or need a truck.

Comment

Holy shit dude, buy that! Manual!! I looked for 2 months to find a manual wagon and it was in KS!
                                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Working...
                                X