This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
    I wish you could have seen his presentation. He had some EPIC footage.
    Seriously, EPIC is truly the right word.

Must. Not. Start. New. Expensive. Awesome. Hobby.........
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Chris! An alignment! I need one. Just replaced tie rods. Called SCR, you guys aren't doing work tomorrow. Other good alignment shops in loveland?

Comment

In the past I think we had used Bear Axle & Alignment? Right off 34, somewhere around Taft or 287. Haven't been there in a while, but they used to do good work.

Not sure of anywhere else, I'm usually fixing shitty alignments from other shops. I would definitely recommend against the Firestone in Fort Collins.
        Chris
        97 M3
        01 325
        Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Thanks guys! I've got the Go Pro and HD hand held, should be tons of potential.
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
            Thanks guys! I've got the Go Pro and HD hand held, should be tons of potential.
            sweet!

Have you guys seen the flying squirrel jumpers?

Tonight I spent a good 4 hours cleaning up the M5. It sucks I don't have a garage, you can really see the nice coat of protection wearing away and water spots forming as well.

Anyways, it felt good to just zone out for a while and give the car a good cleaning. Sorry they are cell phone pics...

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

interesting to note the differences between your S38, mine, and a 3.8L...

Comment

Yes, the B35 has a totally different intake. I still have my B38 intake, and kind of want to see if it will fit in the E28. Also the exhaust on my car looks just a little bit more fancy than a normal M30 header, but the euro car, and the later S38's have the bowl of snakes headers.

I was talking to an E28 M5 owner at the track day last weekend. He was telling me his engine builder (metric mechanic I think, but I'm not sure) put an M3 cam in his M5. Have you ever heard of this? I didn't think the big M30 block would be able to share any parts with the smaller engines. Kind of cool if it works!
                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

shocks/springs

What should I expect to pay to have my shocks/springs swapped out? Labor wise?

Comment

Originally posted by joshw02 View Post
                    What should I expect to pay to have my shocks/springs swapped out? Labor wise?
                    Lots. It's an E30, which means the entire knuckle has to come out with the strut.

I typically do springs for $250,

or springs and struts for $300~350.

You can pay anywhere north of $500 at a shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                      Lots. It's an E30, which means the entire knuckle has to come out with the strut.

I typically do springs for $250,

or springs and struts for $300~350.

You can pay anywhere north of $500 at a shop.
                      Are you interested? I could lend a hand as well.

Comment

Roland, man, raking in the business!!! ;)

Yeah don't pay a shop, that is for sure. Ideally do it yourself, or have Roland do it.

Comment

Originally posted by joshw02 View Post
                          Are you interested? I could lend a hand as well.
                          What time frame are we looking at for doing this? I've got a hectic couple of weeks ahead, but could possibly squeeze in a quick spring/strut job sometime.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                          Yeah don't pay a shop, that is for sure. Ideally do it yourself, or have Roland do it.
                          Hahaha, I have no problem supporting the local shops, but when it comes to larger projects like this, it's best to do as much as you can and then take it to them for the alignment. That way, you save money, the shop still makes some money, and in this case, a third party can benefit. Shops are also really helpful for diagnosing complex issues, or getting things fixed the same day that you weren't planning on fixing... having a worldpac account really gives them the upper hand there.... :up:

Comment

I normally don't think it is EVER worth it to go to a mechanic, but Roland isn't your typical mechanic trying to stiff you. I'd charge about the same as Roland if I were to replace an E30 suspension, even though I can do it in my sleep...

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                              I normally don't think it is EVER worth it to go to a mechanic,
                              Eh, I feel that way about most things. But there are some nice things about going to a mechanic.

but Roland isn't your typical mechanic trying to stiff you. I'd charge about the same as Roland if I were to replace an E30 suspension, even though I can do it in my sleep...
                              Yeah, it's fairly simple, but knowing the right techniques makes everything go much faster/smoother. Otherwise it can take quite a while, and in the case of the E30, you can damage some expensive parts if you aren't careful.

Comment

BTW roland and Chris didi you see the salvage e46 m3 made it to ebay...

Comment

Working...
                                X