X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    Ah. I hear the V3s ride better.
    Possible, they're the only ones made in-house... but V3s aren't single adjustable, and not cheap.

Only problem is that 328iS will be 2-3x more money than a generic 325i.

I reaaaally want one for a DD though. Badly.
    I want an alpine 4 door 328i with M3 interior and body parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
      Possible, they're the only ones made in-house... but V3s aren't single adjustable, and not cheap.
      unfortunate truth.

How bout this, if you haven't sold your M in two years when I'm done with grad school, I can haz DD so I can build mine for Pikes Peak?
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        I reaaaally want one for a DD though. Badly.
        Don't remind me of that. I have looked a lot. The wife has always been on board with me getting a 328i 4-door. Problem is I would have to sell the E30, which is why it hasn't happened yet.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
          Don't remind me of that. I have looked a lot. The wife has always been on board with me getting a 328i 4-door. Problem is I would have to sell the E30, which is why it hasn't happened yet.
          Well you might be getting a garage soon...so M52 swap?
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Supercharger first. I've waited for storage space if something blows up after we boost it.

Comment

I want this, without the interior bits. I wont have a place to do a motor swap. I think I would rather have the m52 as there is a little better aftermarket support and I like to be able to do that sort of thing. That is one of my biggest gripes with the e30, very little aftermarket support for the engine. Is there a reason to stay away from a metal t-stat housing?

I will go for a manual then, no sunroof. I am not gonna go out of my way for cloth, but if it is available I would like it. I don't use a/c as it bugs my eyes with contacts in and I hate the sound. The cloth will be a welcome part with NM heat versus the leather.

I will also save for the tcklines then for suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                I want this, without the interior bits. I wont have a place to do a motor swap. I think I would rather have the m52 as there is a little better aftermarket support and I like to be able to do that sort of thing. That is one of my biggest gripes with the e30, very little aftermarket support for the engine. Is there a reason to stay away from a metal t-stat housing?

I will go for a manual then, no sunroof. I am not gonna go out of my way for cloth, but if it is available I would like it. I don't use a/c as it bugs my eyes with contacts in and I hate the sound. The cloth will be a welcome part with NM heat versus the leather.

I will also save for the tcklines then for suspension.
                On housings, some metal ones fail and leak, some don't....I don't think one is better than the other.

I think you'd change your mind on AC in the NM summer, just wear sunglasses to keep the contacts from wigging out.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I am from Georgia, I made it through that summer without a/c and it is hotter. I will prolly keep it, but I am fine with the heat. I wear jeans pretty much year around.

Comment

Baller.

I die in Colorado heat.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                      Baller.

I die in Colorado heat.
                      Really?!? I haven't used my a/c except for when my mom is in the car. That has been twice in over two years. It just doesn't bug me.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                        I am from Georgia, I made it through that summer without a/c and it is hotter. I will prolly keep it, but I am fine with the heat. I wear jeans pretty much year around.
                        I think it's just more humid...which is a killer. I hate humidity.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I dont have AC in my cars. Little known fact about NW Iowa....It's frickin Siberia most months. I am getting used to it more and more each summer though. I am used to humidity, not heat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            I think it's just more humid...which is a killer. I hate humidity.
                            Nooo, not only is it hotter, it is more humid. The "human temp," or what it feels like is well over 100 everyday. On a black top parking lot, close to 120ish.

Comment

Yeah, screw that. I want to move to Alaska.

Comment

I love my AC, it condenses water on the outside of my windshield in both cars when there's any ambient humidity. Looooove that shit.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X