This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    So it can come out with the trans, even better.
    Yep. Not only that, the M20 has a special lift point on the front you can bolt a chain to, and at that lift point the motor/trans hangs at the correct angle to pull out of the car and up over the radiator support, so none of that fancy engine leveling gagetry is required.

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
    And the AC will not exist in the M3 for much longer. :giggity:
    You still have AC in your M3?? :shock:

Also, in other news, I am looking to buy a commuting appliance myself for the harsh winter months....

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
      A '95 Integra GSR. Very good commuting appliance, and I'm hoping it will do 30+ mpg.
      Integras are great cars, I'd love one someday.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
      You still have AC in your M3?? :shock:

Also, in other news, I am looking to buy a commuting appliance myself for the harsh winter months....
      AC is awesome, Ah tell yoo wut.

What commuting appliance are you thinking? You already have a 318...
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Modabyke?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
        Originally posted by DTM190
        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
          Modabyke?
          for the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
            Modabyke?
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
              say it out roud, makes sense once you hear it phoneticarry..

Comment

I done forgot he mentioned winter. Sam, Jeep is logical decision. They're cheap and rock solid, just get an old cherokee

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                  say it out roud, makes sense once you hear it phoneticarry..
                  :drink:

I don't think Ben remembers that Sam commutes from Loveland to Boulder every day.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

A bike would be a great choice for him, but I had forgotten he mentioned winter, hence my follow up

Comment

first of all, the 318is isn't the best commuting appliance. Mostly because it is not an appliance. It is however super reliable and gets 30mpg avg, so that makes it a good commuter, at least in the summer. Some good studded snows makes it great in the winter too, but my plans for that car make it a bad winter choice, since I want to do some body resto, and after that, I won't want road salt all over it.

If everything works out financially, physically, spousally and grammatically, I would like an M20 powered E28 for the winter, just because I like E28s, and they still get decent gas mileage, and it may be a little more comfortable, and handling the snow ain't nothin some good tires and an LSD won't fix.

Comment

318ti. Pretty much still an E30 with better front suspension, more comfort, 30+mpg, super good in the snow even without snows and a LSD, hauls stuff like a truck, can get heated seats, the list goes on....

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

318ti. Pretty much still an E30 with better front suspension, more comfort, 30+mpg, super good in the snow even without snows and a LSD, hauls stuff like a truck, can get heated seats, the list goes on....
                          ...expensive...

but i agree w/ you above statements. Prob a great car. I have never driven one though. Heated seats would be nice in the winter. DEFINITELY a remote start. Whatever car I get, I am wiring up a remote start. that is the ONE thing that sucks the worst about winter driving is leaving buttcrack early when it is still dark out, getting in your car, firing it up, and freezing off your extremities and chipping ice off your shift knob for the first ten minutes of the drive. It would be awesome to jump in a nice WARM car right away.

Comment

How much are you looking to spend? I guess dirt cheap?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

How much are you looking to spend? I guess dirt cheap?
                              absolutely! Free if I can swing it, which I may be able to...

Comment

...Sam, don't you already have an M20 powered E28 boat?
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X