This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMWchubbs View Post
    Ok... Who wants to trade an E30 for my Techno-Violet E36 M3 Sedan?
    What's wrong with the car?? Auto or manual?
    sigpic
    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
    " enjoy the show "

Comment

Ok... Who wants to trade an E30 for my Techno-Violet E36 M3 Sedan?
      Yeah what's the catch?

Comment

It's an Auto with 117,000 miles. 1st gear is out on the auto. You put in manual mode and start in 2nd, works great. The paint has seen better days (Clear coat is gone from roof, and was on C-Pillars but I have temporarily fixed those). Drivers and rear seat have rips in them.

Other than those problems car is pretty awesome. Motor is spotless, pulls hard, clean, doesn't leak a drop. Has Forged LTW wheels that could use a refinish.

PS, wheels are super dirt here. I used some acid wheel cleaner and got them cleaned up a lot better.

I If someone replace the seats (~$400) and got her resprayed ($3k) and threw in a new tranny ($250), you would be in it all of $4k plus purchase cost and have a great M3, could be an awesome deal. I would value it right around $4,000
        Last edited by BMWchubbs; 07-22-2011, 08:20 AM.
        -Critter
        E36 M3 Turbo | E46 M3 6MT

Comment

i heard the e36 m3 autos were dogs

I have owned both auto and manual M3s. The manual-equipped car feels a bit spunkier than the auto. For my skill, I'd guess a fairly even race versus myself in either car.

It's well known that manuals are faster in the sprint to 60. Typical published figures are ~6.6s with auto and ~5.8 with manual. There's some +/- in those figures.
          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
            i heard the e36 m3 autos were dogs
            It's not all that bad. Just throw a 5spd in it and call it a day.
            -Critter

Comment

I remember seeing that thing on CL. Wasn't he selling it for stupid cheap like ~$3k or something?

Comment

It's not all that bad. Just transplant the motor into an E30 and call it a day.
                fixed, btw

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  I remember seeing that thing on CL. Wasn't he selling it for stupid cheap like ~$3k or something?

Yeah he was selling for $3,500
                  -Critter

Comment

True..
                    sigpic
                    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                    " enjoy the show "

Comment

Yeah he was selling for $3,500
                      So that means you only paid $______

Comment

So that means you only paid $______
                        Not much less...
                        -Critter

Comment

How did you temporarliy fix the clear coat issure? How hard is/ how much is an auto to manual swap? That is pretty much what I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                            How did you temporarliy fix the clear coat issure? How hard is/ how much is an auto to manual swap? That is pretty much what I am looking for.
                            auto to manual swap is just alot of unbolting and bolting. No fab needed as far as I know, but can be pretty time consuming, but if you had all the parts, it should prob only take 20-30 hours or so, and you may need an extra hand at times, like lifting the trans and bolting it in.

Comment

I can bolt and unbolt. I an also prolly find an extra set of hands. How much maintanence needs to be done? Water pump, t-stat, radiator ever been changed? How about the suspension and brakes?

Comment

Rob, remember in the other thread where if you were trying to have a pretty, clean, etc. etc. etc. M3 then you'll pay way too much and be way too attached to it like Roland... If you wanna take it to the track, don't stress too much about looks, make sure it's solid and rock it on the cheap. Picking up that car (I've never seen it before so I dunno) if it's got a solid drivetrain, swapping in a trans and taking it to the track, you'll be boatloads of happy

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                                Originally posted by DTM190
                                "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Working...
                                X