• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
    Too. Much. Logic.
    sssshhhhh.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

i'd have to side w/ the E30 haters here ( ;) ) and say just man up and get an M3. You won't get a better car for the money.

Comment

If anyone wants free beer and food, I am putting the oem suspension back on the Subaru starting at 5pm today. I need help to get it done as fast as possible, so I will supply beer and food. Please help if you can, and please bring 12,13,19mm sockets and wrenches as well. It'll make the job go much easier.

If you can stop by, PM me and let me know. Thanks!
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Are you returning the ASTs?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
            If anyone wants free beer and food, I am putting the oem suspension back on the Subaru starting at 5pm today. I need help to get it done as fast as possible, so I will supply beer and food. Please help if you can, and please bring 12,13,19mm sockets and wrenches as well. It'll make the job go much easier.

If you can stop by, PM me and let me know. Thanks!
            Didn't you just put on the coils?

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
              Are you returning the ASTs?
              We shall see. This is so I can get the car emission tested before the 1mo grace period expires on sunday.

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
              Didn't you just put on the coils?
              two months ago. Need to pass emissions, and until the bouncy ride gets figured out, the car can't be tested with the asts.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

You can't have an aftermarket suspension to pass safety in CO?

or would they assume the shocks are bad with the way it's set up?

Comment

Originally posted by Bene View Post
                  You can't have an aftermarket suspension to pass safety in CO?

or would they assume the shocks are bad with the way it's set up?
                  Neither is the issue, the problem is with the ASTs themselves: they have an internal binding problem on Subaru wagons that causes the car to bounce like a pogo stick, and caused it to nearly bounce and slide off the rollers at the testing center. Car was WAY too unstable for them to test, and I have a nice form to prove it saying the car was failed because it was too unstable to test. Normally, aftermarket suspension is fine so long as ride height is enough to get on the rollers. When the car makes the dyno operator feel unsafe, that's bad.

So now to get my money back, this has been fucking ridiculous. I couldn't initially since it was my word that the ride quality was fucking atrocious, but now since I have proof saying the car is too unsafe to drive on a chassis dyno used for emissions testing....hopefully they'll believe me now. The ride really is intolerable.

I'm a wee bit annoyed right now.

(FWIW, this problem is unique to subaru wagon rear shocks, NOT BMWs.)
                  Last edited by Bimmerman325i; 07-27-2011, 12:58 PM.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Neither is the issue, the problem is with the ASTs themselves: they have an internal binding problem on wagons that causes the car to bounce like a pogo stick, and caused it to nearly bounce and slide off the rollers at the testing center. Car was WAY too unstable for them to test, and I have a nice form to prove it saying the car was failed because it was too unstable to test. Normally, aftermarket suspension is fine so long as ride height is enough to get on the rollers. When the car makes the dyno operator feel unsafe, that's bad.

So now to get my money back, this has been fucking ridiculous. I couldn't initially since it was my word that the ride quality was fucking atrocious, but now since I have proof saying the car is too unsafe to drive on a chassis dyno used for emissions testing....hopefully they'll believe me now. The ride really is intolerable.

That sucks man, hope you get your money back...
                    sigpic
                    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                    " enjoy the show "

Comment

Neither is the issue, the problem is with the ASTs themselves: they have an internal binding problem on wagons that causes the car to bounce like a pogo stick, and caused it to nearly bounce and slide off the rollers at the testing center. Car was WAY too unstable for them to test, and I have a nice form to prove it saying the car was failed because it was too unstable to test. Normally, aftermarket suspension is fine so long as ride height is enough to get on the rollers. When the car makes the dyno operator feel unsafe, that's bad.

AST 41s or 42s? Are they defective? e36 M3 fittment? Specs requested if you are thinking of selling them.

Thx,

K
                      Metal Mover @ www.milehighcarhelper.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                        S2000 = GREAT autox car.

But shitty track car. It's not the fact that the car doesn't perform, it's simply the fact that you're not allowed to run it with many organizations on track that is the problem.
                        It's pretty simple to put a rollbar in, if an organization requires it.

And I 100%, guaranteed, will go faster stock for stock and mod-for-mod in an S2000 than an E36 of any kind. Track, autocross, doesn't matter.

The car I autocross was $9500. 2000 w/60k miles. You can find them, just gotta wait for fall/winter or for a good deal to come up.

perfect track car: http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2487236337.html

etc etc... have to go outside CO to find them usually, turns out a RWD convertible isn't a real hot seller in colorado.
                        Chris
                        97 M3
                        01 325
                        Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                          If I go S13 it will be getting an sr20 to help the lack of power. I know the rear suspension is shared with the R32 Skyline which is still one of the fastest cars at Japanese time attacks, up there with EVO's and such. Would a healthy dose of braces help the chassis? Maybe a roll bar? How about the S14? I am pretty set on RWD from Japan.
                          Eh. The rear suspension arms on the early cars are short, so the camber curve is a little exciting. I'm sure it can be made to handle well. I would get a later S14, they were the best (but also the heaviest.)

The R32 time attack cars are almost all GTRs. Apples:Oranges.

RWD from Japan.. G35/350Z is getting cheap. Same with S2000. Depends on your budget and how much you want to spend after the fact on parts, maint, and mods... and how fast you want to go.

It's really hard to beat an E36 M3 dollar-for-dollar if you need to drive the car on the street much.
                          Chris
                          97 M3
                          01 325
                          Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by kablammo View Post
                            AST 41s or 42s? Are they defective? e36 M3 fittment? Specs requested if you are thinking of selling them.

Thx,

K
                            No, not BMW fitment at all. Subaru 4100 fitment, and the wagon variant was unexpectedly different from sedan.

Every BMW one I've ridden or driven has been awesome, this is specifically a Subaru wagon issue.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I can't seem to get the axles off my ix so I can pull the engine. Any advice?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X