This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    That's fine, I will get all the free stuff then :)
    I was all exited then I remembered I'll be in san diego.
    sigpic
    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
    " enjoy the show "

Comment

For those that haven't seen. Guten road trip stopping in Colorado.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=217883
      Wow, couldn't be more convenient than that.

That's fine, I will get all the free stuff then :)
      Nice try...

Comment

See ya there!

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I'll echo the rebuild vs. reman'd sentiment.

I just replaced the e30 m3 front calipers I had w/ reman'd. they were like $60-ish a side or something vs. 20ish for the rebuild kit (just the rubber rings).

I tried to rebuild it first and found
          a.) the piston was rusted so that would've had to be replaced
          b.) the seats for the seals were rusted so the caliper was toast anyways.

So cost to rebuild eclipsed reman'd cost easily.

My only issue was the brass guide bushings from the old calipers wouldn't fit into the reman'd ones so I had to use the rubber crap that came on them

Comment

I was unaware that the reman'd calipers were so cheap. For some reason I thought they were several hundred a piece. Well, in this case, then I retract my previous statement and my amended statement runs thusly: It is probably worth it to buy re-man'd calipers.

Comment

Yeah, the only thing that left me desiring more with the reman-ed E30 calipers was that the bleed-screws seemed loose. Nothing a good tap couldn't fix with a finer thread-pitch bleed-screw though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                Yeah, the only thing that left me desiring more with the reman-ed E30 calipers was that the bleed-screws seemed loose. Nothing a good tap couldn't fix with a finer thread-pitch bleed-screw though.
                And with new calipers, lines, hard lines, clutch line, slave cylinder, I FINALLY don't have low brake fluid every other week!

Comment

And with new calipers, lines, hard lines, clutch line, slave cylinder, I FINALLY don't have low brake fluid every other week!
                  I'm willing to bet it was your slave that was causing the leak...

but your car did need pretty much everything else we did to it.

Comment

X-Post.... http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show....php?p=2697179

Comment

I'm willing to bet it was your slave that was causing the leak...

but your car did need pretty much everything else we did to it.
                      Improved braking is always worth money/time.

Comment

Improved braking is always worth money/time.
                        fact.

Comment

so what would cause my brakes to take a while to build up? For example I brake hard, nice soft pedal car slows perfectly, but if I release and depress again quickly my brakes get very hard.

It has always been like this and my mechanic friend said the cam shaft's larger overlap could change the amount of vacuum in the engine meaning it takes longer to build back up. I am looking into a leak in the line from the vacuum on the head to the brake booster, what do you guys think?
                          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                            so what would cause my brakes to take a while to build up? For example I brake hard, nice soft pedal car slows perfectly, but if I release and depress again quickly my brakes get very hard.

It has always been like this and my mechanic friend said the cam shaft's larger overlap could change the amount of vacuum in the engine meaning it takes longer to build back up. I am looking into a leak in the line from the vacuum on the head to the brake booster, what do you guys think?
                            Your car is cammed?
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                              Your car is cammed?
                              I don't know about you, but all of my cars have cams...

Comment

I don't know about you, but all of my cars have cams...
                                lulz. You know what i meant.

2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X