This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
    I think one of these, with a turbo, some mirrors, and no wing, could be my next car.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/16/s...t-sti-la-2011/
    I think it is an improvement on looks, but it still has that hideous and large flat section of body paneling above each wheels which is a pure antitheses of attractive aesthetics.

Oh, and the back of the car looks like it was ripped straight off the 135i.

Also, it has a 2.0L NA motor? what are the power numbers on that? Can't be much over 200 bhp if at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
      I will buy that car in a heartbeat when I have a job.
      We've heard that 14r63784r5134 billion times before. Additionally, it's a huge bastard child that doesn't even know what it is anymore.
      89 325i (Sold)
      95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
      2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
        I've hatched a crazy scheme to trade me remodeling a friend's bathroom and kitchen in exchange for a '74 Triumph TR6. I know the full history of the car, he got it the same time I got my old one about 10 years ago. It will require spending sometime in San Diego in January, but that's not terrible :D

Time will tell if it works out.
        TR6s are fun cars. I drove one for a few years, it was a 70, green on tan. Awesome inline 6s.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
          We've heard that 14r63784r5134 billion times before. Additionally, it's a huge bastard child that doesn't even know what it is anymore.
          Not disputing the first part, but Subaru did all the engineering and work on it, Toyota did the exterior design and marketing. Not exactly a bastard child so much as a Subaru being rebadged as a Toyota (like the saabaru).
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by A Sucked Orange View Post
            If its in good shape go for it! TR6's are great. I think being a 74 though you'll have the bumpers with the big ugly plastic guards. Not sure abut the emissions garbage - maybe that was 75?

I grew up working on them. Did my first motor swap about age 5. :D
            It will. My last one was a '74. I replaced them with a '72 after a while.

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post
            TR6s are fun cars. I drove one for a few years, it was a 70, green on tan. Awesome inline 6s.

Dude was that your M Roady? My old one was green too, but not BRG, it was a deeper metallic.

I'm sure you guys have seen this S50 swapped TR6:

Last edited by Cloudbase; 11-17-2011, 09:05 PM.
            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Not disputing the first part, but Subaru did all the engineering and work on it, Toyota did the exterior design and marketing. Not exactly a bastard child so much as a Subaru being rebadged as a Toyota (like the saabaru).
              I would have preferred this the other way around. Think 2JZ in an 08+ STi hatch body.
              Chris
              97 M3
              01 325
              Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                I would have preferred this the other way around. Think 2JZ in an 08+ STi hatch body.
                mmmm boosts.

Still, the Scoob has the on-paper makings of a great autocrosser-- 2500lb curb, 200ish HP/7400rpm, lsd stock, and a ridiculously low CG height. I'm very curious how the car will turn out.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Still, the Scoob has the on-paper makings of a great autocrosser-- 2500lb curb, 200ish HP/7400rpm, lsd stock, and a ridiculously low CG height. I'm very curious how the car will turn out.
                  this.

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                    I just threw up at that last part.
                    89 325i (Sold)
                    95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                    2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

cross posted from the track/auto-x section.. what do you guys think?

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      I've had my 4 point autopower roll bar bolted in the car for a few years now. It has a removable cross section from passenger foot to drivers head, and a harness bar running horizontal from b-pillar to b-pillar.

I've had the harness bar in the car the whole time, but never installed the cross section since my seats sit so far back. Just the other day I was thinking that the cross section when installed, might stiffen the chassis just a little bit.

Think it will do anything or is that thinking just pigs soap?
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

replied in the thread. The crossbar does little for stiffness (when it's removable) but greatly aids rollover protection. I'd definitely run it.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

OT, but amusing:

And not a single fuck was given that day.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Damn

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

balls.
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

OT, but amusing:

And not a single fuck was given that day.
                                hooray for LRRA

Comment

Working...
                                X