Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you looked at the timing belt to see if it's broken? cause....if you're just guessing you clearly haven't looked to see. It's SUPER obvious.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Hey guys, some of you are pretty fantastic at the internets... how can you find out what a dealer is actually paying for a car/truck? Everything I've been reading says it's easy to find the costs, but never actually gives you information... or it's a pay site. You guys have any resources for this?

Currently looking at a 6.7L F250 crew cab 4x4
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by aaron_86 View Post
        so yeah, please tell me that these motors are non-interference...

They are interference.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          2012? That's an excellent truck, I would love to have one.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Even if the belt is broken, you're going to part a car out over 12 bent valves? A new M20 is like $29.99+tax these days, just find another and swap it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              Hey guys, some of you are pretty fantastic at the internets... how can you find out what a dealer is actually paying for a car/truck? Everything I've been reading says it's easy to find the costs, but never actually gives you information... or it's a pay site. You guys have any resources for this?

Ask some credit unions, they usually have such information.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                TIL: essentially identical trucks are SRS BSNS
                So a solid axle is essentially like IFS? Then an automatic is essentially a manual.

Comment

If all I was doing was driving the truck on road and towing, I'll take IFS every time I can.

I hate Chevy, personally, but the Duramax/Allison combo is fantastic. The new Fords are supposed to be great as well. Our Dodge/Cummins has been absolutely bulletproof (it has something like 210k on it now. Oil changes, no other maint. to speak of.)

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the new HD trucks from the big 3. Drive them all, decide which one you like the best, and go for it.
                  Chris
                  97 M3
                  01 325
                  Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                    2012? That's an excellent truck, I would love to have one.
                    looking at some of the overstock 2011's that they are discounting heavily to get rid of them. I'm aiming for $35k range:loco:

#2 is on the way, and wifey says she doesn't want to stick 2 kids in the MINI!

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                    Ask some credit unions, they usually have such information.
                    Good Idea, I'll call our credit union tomorrow.

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                    If all I was doing was driving the truck on road and towing, I'll take IFS every time I can.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the new HD trucks from the big 3. Drive them all, decide which one you like the best, and go for it.
                    I had a 2004 F250 with the 6.0L. That motor was a time bomb, but I've read that this 6.7L is much much better. My 04 was 2wd with the IFS, and I was always bummed that I couldn't afford to buy the 4wd model at the time... Not making the same mistake twice!

And I agree, I think all 3 make good trucks, but I hate the way the dodges look, and the Chevy's are too expensive to buy new. The way I see it, why spend $29k on a 07, when I can buy brand new w/ warranty and a better motor for just a few grand more? Dammit, I'm never going to upgrade the suspension on the E30!:hitler:

Comment

So your wife doesn't want a MINI for more kids.....so her logical step is to allow you to get a F250? One extreme to the other!

Comment

Because race car....needs a tow vehicle.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

So your wife doesn't want a MINI for more kids.....so her logical step is to allow you to get a F250? One extreme to the other!
                          well, kind of. She really wants a tundra crew max, but I just HATE HATE HATE how blobby the front of the truck is. The rest of the truck is pretty nice other than the massive price tag in comparison to the rest of the trucks in that range.

She wants a truck and my personal philosophy is that I like vehicles that have a purpose. E30 = fun track car. E28 M5 = nerd out on being OCD with it. MINI = unique, practical, great for an everyday runnabout. Were now outgrowing the mini in her eyes, so I want a vehicle that she likes (she likes the ford) and that can be used as a tool.

Long term I want to be stationed in Alaska next. If I do a DITY move (move myself) the DOD will pay for 90% of what it would cost them to pay a comercial carrier. My plan is to buy a 30ish foot enclosed trailer, stick the house in it and tow it to canada. The AF will pretty much pay for my new race car trailer!!!! A sweet F250 is just another piece to my puzzle :D

Because race car....needs a tow vehicle.
                          exactly!

Comment

If you want to go to Alaska then I change my advice to a 6x6 Pinzgauer. Just tell the wife that you can fit a whole troop of kids in it!

Comment

If you want to go to Alaska then I change my advice to a 6x6 Pinzgauer. Just tell the wife that you can fit a whole troop of kids in it!
                              nonono, that leads to less racecar funds. Two kids is a good number.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

zero kids is a good number.
                                My personal philosophy. Subject to change due to accidents.
                                Chris
                                97 M3
                                01 325
                                Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X