Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People with AAA. Explain to me your track towing experiences. My insurance will only tow a car up to $150 and to the nearest service center. I want my E30 from HPR to my house to be covered. Is that AAA gold, or just basic service? Any other information would be awesome.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I think David has some experience towing his car from HPR:giggle:
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        lol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
          People with AAA. Explain to me your track towing experiences. My insurance will only tow a car up to $150 and to the nearest service center. I want my E30 from HPR to my house to be covered. Is that AAA gold, or just basic service? Any other information would be awesome.
          AAA Basic only covers 4 miles, which is nice since it's 3.9 miles from the CU engineering center to my house. Damned E30 fuel pump.

AAA Plus covers up to 100 miles, possibly more, which is nice since it's 85miles to HPR from my house. Damned oil venting problem.

Both times they delivered it to where I asked (home), and not to the nearest service station. They'll also bring a flatbed if you ask, so make sure you do.

Originally posted by Eric View Post

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          lol
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Well that's pretty sweet. 100 miles is just within range from my house! It is pretty stupid that Farmers says "$125 to the nearest service center". So that really tells me nothing because I have no idea how much each towing company charges, and the nearest service center will probably be a brakes plus. It looks like AAA plus is $125, which isn't too bad for cheapo 'track insurance'.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Last night I was taking the dogs out before bed and saw a really clean looking black 2 door with a 'e30' badge on the back and some stupid looking wheels. It was parked just a few houses down from Horizon Middle School. Anyone's?
              Funny I saw that same car driving down I-25 near Broadway last week. Guy must be making the rounds!
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I've seen that black E30 too... weird.

AAA Plus is a god-send. It's good for the towing, running out of fuel (at the track, where you may not want to pay $9/gallon to get back to Byers), jump starts, etc. All for $125/year.

Comment

I use AAA every time I go rally racing. it is 99 miles away from my house in Loveland. From talking to the drivers, they tow cars from HPR all the time.

Comment

Fuck off, Colorado.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

That blows really hard, my wife was taking care of the cars and covering them up!!
                      sigpic
                      HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                      " enjoy the show "

Comment

When is this going to end??!!

Comment

I saw that black E30 twice today! Once in Boulder and once in my neighborhood. WTF!
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

This one's for Sam... Speed as been increased dramatically. The washboard was terrible in spots, so I kept it very slow in real time.

Click on the image for the vid:

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Well, E30 made it out mostly unscathed. There are, like, two small, small dents on the roof but I have no idea if they were there before or after the storm.

Comment

Alex, where do you find these super long dirt roads??

Comment

Working...
                                X