This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    Does anyone know of a place where I can get R12 drained out of my A/C system? If the EPA is so concerned with this shit, it shouldn't be this difficult to find a place to drain it...
    the atmosphere.

Comment

Does anyone know of a place where I can get R12 drained out of my A/C system? If the EPA is so concerned with this shit, it shouldn't be this difficult to find a place to drain it...
      I had mine done at Randy's complete auto care near downtown Littleton. Cost ~$40 if I remember correctly. They claimed that they properly dispose of it, but who really knows. At least I didn't have to risk it, or my health, by popping the valve in my driveway.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        the atmosphere.
        Pretty sure that's a $10,000 fine if you get caught.
        89 325i (Sold)
        95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
        2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
          Pretty sure that's a $10,000 fine if you get caught.
          Don't get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by griffincox View Post
            Does anyone have the tools for replacing the timing belt (M20) that would let me borrow them in the semi near future? What "specialty" tools are there?
            I use generic tools, 32mm wrench is the only oddball size you need. Get one from a bike shop.

Most places will charge you to extract it, and then they sell it to other people. R12 is worth big money.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
            Don't get caught.
            Or this.

Comment

Does anyone have a set of 17" 5x114.3 wheels in high offset? I'm looking for something less girly for the Mazda.

Comment

Anyone have a spare set of stock tweeters?

Comment

Originally posted by boosted_E30 View Post
                  Anyone have a spare set of stock tweeters?
                  just sold mine
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                    Does anyone have a set of 5x114.3 wheels in high offset? I'm looking for something less girly for the Mazda.
                    I know these are 18's, but they look pretty good and they wouldn't come off as too flashy or anything.

Here's an example, just ignore the matte black wrap... I believe they are the same wheels, if the ones in the ad are stock RX8 wheels.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Thanks. The RX8 wheels do look pretty decent. I can't go to 18's though. It's staying at stock ride height so 18's would look weird with the wheel gap.

Comment

Anyone have a hipster friend in need of a hipster bike? I built this to kill time a few months ago.

Motobecane Vitus steel frame. Vitus steel is ftw. I waited to get a good frame to build up instead of picking any random 70's road bike.
                        Chalkboard paint. Yep, chalk the sucker up.
                        Single speed...so only 80% hipster. You can throw a fixed gear on to get the last 20%.
                        90% rebuilt - Surface rust removed, primed, paint, bearings rebuilt, new brake system, new chain, new rear gear, new seat, handle bar tape. Didn't do the front wheel bearing yet or true the wheels or change tires.
                        $300 is fair according to craigslist.

Comment

Picked up these wheels for the Mazda. I am pretty sure I am going to get them refinished as they are in rough shape. MX5 OEM 17x7 and only 17 pounds! The stock 16" I have are 19 pounds and 16x6.5. It should be a good upgrade.

Comment

Nice! Very low-key looking but a nice upgrade!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Brad,

What size is the bike? I won't have cash for a long time, just curious.
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I've been driving a friend's pre-facelift E46 330 in SAN back to back with my E30 when I get home. The difference is staggering. What the E30 lacks in power it massively makes up for in connectivity / driving experience. Even the tired M20 seems so much more willing to rev then the 330. There is no throttle by wire delay (I'm assuming the non-S54 E46's have that).
                                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Working...
                                X