X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A meet sometime soon would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by EthirtyIS View Post
      Hey guys, so my brother finally made the move, we're leaving NYC this morning with a giant moving truck and will hopefully be in Parker by friday. Im going to be staying with him for a week. are there any meets going on next week? im going to have a car to use but unfortunaly its not a euro. but let me know if theres any thing going on in the denver area...
      thanks
      john.
      I live in Parker :D

There's a BF.C BBQ going on in the Parker area near I-25 and E-470 on the 21st of July, so Saturday.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Agh, why must I be gone?

Comment

I'd be down for that if I'm there in time, we're traveling with his wife and kid so we need to take it easy. We're in western pa now, and home to be close to st Louis before stoping. Leaving from Denver international on saturday the 28th. So I theres any thing goin on before then I'm in. Just let me know where any when, no mater how big or small. I'd also like to do some mtn biking while out here, if you guys could recommend a shop I could rent from. Yea he just got an apartment on clubhouse drive in Parker.
          Proud Owner and Operator.
          sigpic

Comment

I'd be down for that if I'm there in time, we're traveling with his wife and kid so we need to take it easy. We're in western pa now, and home to be close to st Louis before stoping. Leaving from Denver international on saturday the 28th. So I theres any thing goin on before then I'm in. Just let me know where any when, no mater how big or small. I'd also like to do some mtn biking while out here, if you guys could recommend a shop I could rent from. Yea he just got an apartment on clubhouse drive in Parker.
            Golden Bike Shop is a great shop. They have good rentals.

What type of riding do you want to do?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Not sure, I'd like to try a little of what CO has to offer, but would probably try to rent a full suspension. I ride about 25-30miles a day on a road bike and was thinking about buying a FS for a shitty weather bike to get me to work, and possible trail riding back in NYC.
              sigpic

Comment

Do you want to go somewhere right on the front range, or do you want to drive into the mountains?

Front range near golden bike shop:
                Centennial cone park (weekends have biker/hiker specific days)
                Mt Falcon gives a good climb, which equals a good decent
                Apex if you want to hit up technical trails

If you can drive to Pine, CO then go do 20 or so miles in the Buffalo Creek area. It's an awesome network of trails, just make sure to bring a map.

The "Peaks Trail" near breckenridge/Frisco is about the best "Colorado in a day" trail I can think of. You get great views, good drive, rivers, rocks, trees, etc. It's an easier trail but a great time.

Rent a good bike. It does make a difference.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

regarding a meet: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1860834

also the pagosa meet is coming up on august 3rd weekend.
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

is anyone here planing on going to the euro sl,ut fest?

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                      That says: V. Ivanitski on the side.
                      Yeah, that's him. Had a chat at the car wash. His friend has an E46 M3 and a fake Audi S4 wagon.

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                      Has anyone been to the Redding/Redwood California area? I have 9 days and am looking for a mountain biking trip.
                      Do the Downyville Downhill. It's super worth it. There are several trail options from super advanced to intermediate. You can shuttle up. Google it.

On the way I also highly recommend the Lake Tahoe rim trail. I did a race there years ago. Mostly flat, but there is some exposure if you're nervous about heights. Watch for the metal spikes that used to hold the pipe down.

There's great riding in the foothills and near Shasta too.

MTBR.com / Northern California
                      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Not sure, I'd like to try a little of what CO has to offer, but would probably try to rent a full suspension. I ride about 25-30miles a day on a road bike and was thinking about buying a FS for a shitty weather bike to get me to work, and possible trail riding back in NYC.
                        Sports Garage, University Cycles, Boulder Cycle Sport all rent relatively high end full suspensions for okay prices.

The trails around Golden are my favorite. White Ranch has good stuff. Walker Ranch is short, but lots of climbing in Boulder. Hall Ranch is easier if the altitude gets to you.

Honestly I would head to the hills. It's nuclear hot on the Front Range right now. Bergin Peak in Evergreen is a great ride that is much cooler. Technical climb, but you can just do a loop around Elk Meadows if it's too much.

Any of the Winter Park trails are the bomb. You get to drive over Berthoud Pass, which is super fun.

Kenosha Pass, about 1 hr down 285 is super fun too.

Buffalo Creek has some of the best carving, easy, fast (but still fun) single track on the front range, it's only 45 minutes down 285. You can jump in the river on afterwards. It's a in burn area though, so you have to go early. Lightning exposure can be bad there.
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I'm going to check out those shops once I get settled, but I'm in for the meet on Saturday, as long as we make it to Parker before then. We're just outside Illinois now, so hopefully I'll be there in time. Thanks for all the trail advise, also do any of you rock climb? And know any decent Craig's not to far from Parker? It would have to be top rope, since my Rack is in NYC, didn't wanna chance that on the plane ride home...
                          sigpic

Comment

I believe there is some pretty good climbing in Boulder. I have never been up there specifically to climb though.

Comment

I might be shuffling cars. Anyone here I interested in my E30?
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

saw the black e30 with nig rims and e30 badge on the rear on buckley
                                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
                                X