X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 325i View Post
    hahahah Nice^^
    you guys better not get pulled over in either car.. taking both cars? or just the e39? how far is yuma from las cruces

checked the map- 8hrs!! of desert that seems terrible. long stretches of road right when you think its ok to put the foot down cop sitting in the middle of intersection.
    Just the e39, so, yes I will be tempter to put the pedal down.

Comment

8 hours is nothing. Walk in the park. Bring a radar detector.

BMW + Long Stretches in the Desert = :-)

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Don't own a radar detector. Also, I have to turn around and drive back.

Comment

16's not that bad either. Plus you'll be stoked on the new car. I've done about 200 road trip hours this year. The most epic was a 36 hour push with only a 3 hour sleep break, then straight into a week of racing hang gliders. You got it!

Download episodes of This American Life and WNYC's Radio Lab on your i-gaget, both free on iTunes. You'll burn through the hours like they were minutes.

Seriously, get a radar detector. Borrow one. Cheap truck stop model. Anything. Driving without one is like visiting a whore house without a condom. Speeding tickets are tax by lottery, especially in AZ.
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Crazy RC Heli Flying

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Keeping up with the aviation themes:

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                Crazy RC Heli Flying

How does one even maintain control? yikes....

Comment

I saw a guy doing that in person with a gas one in AZ. It was amazing. I'll post the god once I get it edited. I've been flying a collective pitch 3D capable micro Heli all week. The best I can do is controlled flight and hovering tail in.
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I will post some links of my friends home built hover copter when I am home. The thing is totally awesome. His currently isn't stereo imaged, but still uses wireless cameras for flight.

I'm thinking of learning how to fly. A real plane. Where is the best place to get local information?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                      8 hours is nothing. Walk in the park. Bring a radar detector.

BMW + Long Stretches in the Desert = :-)

It should be fun but, believe it or not, I am one of those who doesn't really speed all that much. 5-10 over on entrance ramps is honestly about the worst I do. When actually driving down the road I keep it quite close to the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                        It should be fun but, believe it or not, I am one of those who doesn't really speed all that much. 5-10 over on entrance ramps is honestly about the worst I do. When actually driving down the road I keep it quite close to the limit.
                        We never got to do a top speed run in the e39...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                          We never got to do a top speed run in the e39...
                          Well... if we had a radar detector we could....

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                            I'm thinking of learning how to fly. A real plane. Where is the best place to get local information?
                            Doitdoitdoitdoitdoit. Cloudbase is teaching me right now, we rent planes from a club down in Centennial (APA). Looking at switching up to Jeffco (BJC) since it's closer. Centennial is ~26.6 miles from my place, and always crappy traffic, Jeffco is only 12 miles or so.

I'd be down to make you a first ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ student if you want to wait a little while for me to get an instruction certification. I'm sure we could work out some sort of deal.

If not, Jeffco has some good flight schools (expensive though) and Boulder (BDU) has some too. Boulder would probably be super convenient for you since its right by your work, Jeffco could reasonably convenient too.

Comment

I want to learn to fly so badly but, I would even be happy riding in a small plane.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                                I want to learn to fly so badly but, I would even be happy riding in a small plane.
                                Easily arrangeable. You can come ride in the back for one of my lessons, or hopefully I'll have my certificate by the time you get back from school for break and I can take you up.

Comment

Working...
                                X