Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I hate to say it, I'd take a little airplane over an Mcoupe.
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

A steel grey / IR & black one in UT sold for high 40's with that kind of mileage a few years back. There is the one in Golden too.

$60K would buy a high TBO early Mooney or a F'ing tight RV6/7. I'd take the latter.

A supercruiser is a bit too slow for my taste.
      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

a buddy of mine fresh out of A&P school was building harmon rockets!:crazy:

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
          $60K would buy a high TBO early Mooney or a F'ing tight RV6/7. I'd take the latter.
          Word on the street is that David's Dad's RV-6 is undergoing an annual right now, possible that it will be up on the market soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
            Word on the street is that David's Dad's RV-6 is undergoing an annual right now, possible that it will be up on the market soon...
            So uh, anyone want to buy my E30 M3 so I can buy an RV-6?

Or a LongEZ

Comment

Spent the last two days getting the E46 Sport Wagon up to par. Fuck plastic radiator hose connectors! My car def had 15K oil changes at some point. The PO claimed he did old school maintenance, but he was the second owner. The inside of the valve cover looks like the shit Hans Solo was frozen in.

Radiator
              Upper and Lower Hoses
              Auto Transmission Thermostat Housing
              Auto Transmission Thermostat
              Expansion Tank
              Water Pump (the one I got from Bav Auto was bad, but Cal bailed me out with another one)
              Thermostat
              Thermostat Housing
              Coolant Flush
              Serpentine Belt
              Serpentine Belt Tensioner
              Serpentine Belt Idler Pulley
              AC Belt
              AC Belt Tensioner
              Oil / Filter
              Spark Plugs - If there is a little oil on top of the spark plug in the housing is that from a bad seal around the coil tube?
              Power Steering Fluid Flush
              Fuel Filter
              Brake Fluid Flush

All that's left is the auto tranny fluid flush and filter (not sure if I want to disturb it at 92K miles), diff fluid, and transfer case. I want to install a computer stalk, auto dimming rearview mirror, iPhone adaptor, and program the pax window to tilt down in reverse.

Reset the Check Engine Light with the bluetooth OBDII plug and the iPad mini. It'll show almost every parameter that goes into the ECU in real time. Pretty cool.
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Spent the last two days getting the E46 Sport Wagon up to par. Fuck plastic radiator hose connectors! My car def had 15K oil changes at some point. The PO claimed he did old school maintenance, but he was the second owner. The inside of the valve cover looks like the shit Hans Solo was frozen in.

Radiator
                Upper and Lower Hoses
                Expansion Tank
                Water Pump (the one I got from Bav Auto was bad, but Cal bailed me out with another one)
                Thermostat
                Thermostat Housing
                Coolant Flush
                Serpentine Belt
                AC Belt
                AC Belt Tensioner
                Oil / Filter
                Spark Plugs - If there is a little oil on top of the spark plug in the housing is that from a bad seal around the coil tube?
                Fuel Filter
                Brake Fluid Flush

All that's left is the auto tranny fluid flush and filter (not sure if I want to disturb it at 92K miles), diff fluid, and transfer case. I want to install a computer stalk, auto dimming rearview mirror, iPhone adaptor, and program the pax window to tilt down in reverse.

Reset the Check Engine Light with the bluetooth OBDII plug and the iPad mini. It'll show almost every parameter that goes into the ECU in real time. Pretty cool.
                If you can change the filter on the auto tranny without draining the fluid, go for it. If not, don't bother. Changing the fluid on auto trannys is asking for things to go wrong.

Comment

Is anyone going to HPR tomorrow? It's free if you have been this year.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Radiator
                    Upper and Lower Hoses
                    Expansion Tank
                    Thermostat
                    Thermostat Housing
                    Coolant Flush
                    Serpentine Belt
                    AC Belt
                    AC Belt Tensioner
                    Oil / Filter
                    Fuel Filter
                    Brake Fluid Flush

What OBDII adapter do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                      Is anyone going to HPR tomorrow? It's free if you have been this year.
                      what? Dang I haven't been this year. Think I could pass as my twin brother?
                      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by griffincox View Post
                        What OBDII adapter do you use?
                        GoPoint BT1
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                          what? Dang I haven't been this year. Think I could pass as my twin brother?
                          You fool me nearly every time, some dude at HPR wouldn't have a clue!

Comment

Third time's the charm. I hope.

Comment

Ew.

Comment

Shutter
                                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Working...
                                X