X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back to the grind...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
      So the wagon died on the home from Ouray today. After running at near redline with a full load the whole way over Monarch Pass it wouldn't start when we stopped for a pee break. After five mins, I got it started, but then it died halfway up the next pass.

Coasted back down to Buena Vista. Thought it might be bad gas, but fuel treatment didnt make a differece. I'm thinking fuel pump. Gonna test the relay and pump tomorrow. Car has 90K miles. Any thoughts.
      I would bet on the fuel pump simply because its a common E46 thing. I know Kellie is good at E46 diagnostics, but she doesn't frequent this forum much.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
      back to the grind...
      die whut?

Comment

It was the pump. Fucking E46's man. The only remaining issue I have is a P1112 code, which I think is due to a bad connection or faulty new Engine Coolant Temperature sensor.

I got a bad brand new water pump from Bav Auto, but the sensor was an OEM part. So frustrating. I think I'll pull the sensor and replace it with the old one, then start trouble shooting connectors.
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but whats up with this group of cars. All BMW's and all E30 and older from what I can tell. Always at this location. Is it a shop or club or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
            die whut?
            back to work after 10 days off for christmas...

Originally posted by griffincox View Post
            Forgive my ignorance, but whats up with this group of cars. All BMW's and all E30 and older from what I can tell. Always at this location. Is it a shop or club or what?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.986...10557&t=h&z=16
            I think some dude collects 2002s or something, i remember seeing a photo of that spot at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by griffincox View Post

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.986...10557&t=h&z=16
              How much time do you spend peruzing google maps??
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Yo, anyone here know how to hook OEM tweeters up to OEM premium speakers on a non-premium car?

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  back to work after 10 days off for christmas...

I think some dude collects 2002s or something, i remember seeing a photo of that spot at one point.
                  Usually like 4-6 cars or more. Thats kick ass.

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                  How much time do you spend peruzing google maps??
                  Haha, not much. I have just driven by there before and decided to see If it was a business or something. Nothing listed so I figured id check with you guys.

Comment

Anyone have an operable power steering pump for an s50 they're looking to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel View Post
                      Anyone have an operable power steering pump for an s50 they're looking to sell?
                      What's wrong with yours? I've rebuilt a few, actually rebuilding another for a friend next week.

Comment

Little help here?

Battery died while I was away for 2 months. Tried jumping it wouldn't start, just lots of clicking from the starter. I installed a brand new battery went to start the car, and as I turned the ignition over all electronics died, the dash won't light up, it wouldn't even attempt to start or turn over, no more clicking sound from the starter. Electronic door locks and windows don't even work. To top it off, my hood latch cable broke before I left so I can't pop the hood to check fuses.

Any ideas what happened? The car is a 95 obd1.
                        Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                          What's wrong with yours? I've rebuilt a few, actually rebuilding another for a friend next week.
                          Its started grinding badly and shat out fluid everywhere. Haven't driven it in months now, figured it was time to do something about it.

I'd be interested in having it rebuilt locally for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                            Little help here?

Battery died while I was away for 2 months. Tried jumping it wouldn't start, just lots of clicking from the starter. I installed a brand new battery went to start the car, and as I turned the ignition over all electronics died, the dash won't light up, it wouldn't even attempt to start or turn over, no more clicking sound from the starter. Electronic door locks and windows don't even work. To top it off, my hood latch cable broke before I left so I can't pop the hood to check fuses.

Isn't there a way to pop your hood with a screwdriver?

Its started grinding badly and shat out fluid everywhere. Haven't driven it in months now, figured it was time to do something about it.

Why do you need power steering? Is the S50 much heavier than an M20? I guess your tires may not help either...

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                              Little help here?

PMed both of you.

Comment

Thanks Roland,

Where internal-combustion works in harmony with external-combustion. Full turbo-speed at idle anyone?? More to follow.......!
                                Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Working...
                                X