This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
    Anyone have opinions on Rota Slipstream wheels on E30?

They might be another option instead of D-Forces.
    D Force > Rota all day.

Comment

SRS Light Reset

Anyone know how to reset the SRS light? Like an idiot, I turned my ignition to "on" while installing a lighted rear view mirror this weekend and the check panel was removed. I assume this is what tripped the error code.
      I tried this trick tonight with no luck.

If it can't be done anyone know an area shop that will reset for a decent price?
      -on a '91 iX.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
        D Force > Rota all day.
        Why? Construction type? JDM Stigma?
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Why? Construction type? JDM Stigma?
          D-force are direct fit.

D-force are low pressure cast followed by heating while press rolling, which is similar to forging. It's not as good as a CNC'd forged billet, but it's the next best thing.

I believe rotas are gravity cast followed by a simple heat treating. Nothing special.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by zinger View Post
            Anyone know how to reset the SRS light? Like an idiot, I turned my ignition to "on" while installing a lighted rear view mirror this weekend and the check panel was removed. I assume this is what tripped the error code.
            I tried this trick tonight with no luck.

If it can't be done anyone know an area shop that will reset for a decent price?
            -on a '91 iX.

Thanks
            Haha I just unplugged the airbag module and replaced my airbag wheel with an M Tech 1 wheel. Flashing SRS light solved!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Ha! I have thought of that. The idea of a 21 year old air bag is a little scary. Plus the excuse to get a new wheel...

Comment

I don't know either, but I tried the same thread a year ago (with no luck) when my SRS light started flashing so I gave up and just unplugged the check panel. The airbag hasn't gone off yet...

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                  D-force are direct fit.

D-force are low pressure cast followed by heating while press rolling, which is similar to forging. It's not as good as a CNC'd forged billet, but it's the next best thing.

I believe rotas are gravity cast followed by a simple heat treating. Nothing special.
                  Nuff said. I'm really struggling with letting the RGR's go.
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Anyone have opinions on Rota Slipstream wheels on E30?

They might be another option instead of D-Forces.
                    I have only heard that they work ok. Generally rota has a shaky reputation, but the slipstreams tend to not break as readily as other Rota wheels, maybe just because the spokes are so fat.

My personal opinion, they are uuuugly.

Comment

I've seen enough broken rotas to make me wary. They do seem to have improved their quality since they initially started, but for the price they are now there are a lot of options.
                      Chris
                      97 M3
                      01 325
                      Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

The other option I'm looking at are super heavy throwing star reps. I love the throwing stars, but the weight has me worried.
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

The other option I'm looking at are super heavy throwing star reps. I love the throwing stars, but the weight has me worried.
                          Why not just get d-forces? If guten parts still sell them they should be able to give you a good deal. I got mine for $400 shipped.

Comment

What about 15" euroweaves?

I would think driving on some light 15's would help motivate selling the rgr's. on the other hand, I wish I hadn't sold the RG222's that were on the mini. :(
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I've had my eye out for Euroweaves. Good ones carry a premium that makes the D-Force option easier.

Just out of curiosity what is the difference between Euroweaves and US basketweaves?

I could do some RZ's too, but I'm not in love with those either.
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I've had my eye out for Euroweaves. Good ones carry a premium that makes the D-Force option easier.

Just out of curiosity what is the difference between Euroweaves and US basketweaves?

I could do some RZ's too, but I'm not in love with those either.
                                Euroweaves are 15x7 et 24, US basketweaves are 14". iX weaves are 15x7 but et 40 something.

Comment

Working...
                                X