This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
    "The Perfect Landing" is a pretty good restaurant that just happens to be on the airport premises.
    I've been there twice, will never go again. The food was decent, but the service was beyond atrocious. Last time I went there with a reservation, waited 45 minutes after that time to get seated while people without reservations were seated in front of us, waited another 10 minutes for a waiter to appear, then another 15 for them to come back. After ordering, it was close to an hour before the food arrived (nobody ordered anything that takes that long to make). I don't see how I can have a reservation for 6 and not get food until after 8.

Comment

Originally posted by S14pwrdE30 View Post
      I've been there twice, will never go again. The food was decent, but the service was beyond atrocious. Last time I went there with a reservation, waited 45 minutes after that time to get seated while people without reservations were seated in front of us, waited another 10 minutes for a waiter to appear, then another 15 for them to come back. After ordering, it was close to an hour before the food arrived (nobody ordered anything that takes that long to make). I don't see how I can have a reservation for 6 and not get food until after 8.
      Wow, I've had nothing but the opposite when it comes to service. :(

Comment

Wow, I've had nothing but the opposite when it comes to service. :(
        The first time it was fine, the last time was horrid. They weren't even all that busy. Of course, this is probably 2-3 years ago, maybe they've had a management change or something since then.

Comment

"The Perfect Landing" is a pretty good restaurant that just happens to be on the airport premises.
          Ah yes I know what you are talking about. Never been there, but prob 5 minutes away from our offices.

Comment

Been there once, parents go all the time. It's cool to eat breakfast and watch the planes haha.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

i'd be down for that next time i'm in town
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by flying_violin View Post
                And we need to have that Parker / Castle Rock meet!
                :up:
                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by S14pwrdE30 View Post
                  I've been there twice, will never go again.
                  I've eaten there with people from work for lunch every now and again, and in the past two years, I've not experienced any of that... We also look up the registration numbers of the airplanes on flightaware.com to see where they came from / are headed!

Alpine II 318is

Comment

I've eaten there with people from work for lunch every now and again, and in the past two years, I've not experienced any of that... We also look up the registration numbers of the airplanes on flightaware.com to see where they came from / are headed!
                    In the case of N12170, N6346D, and N64332, the answer is likely "nowhere."

Comment

In the case of N12170, N6346D, and N64332, the answer is likely "nowhere."
                      What do you expect for 160 hp and less here in Colorado? Still, better than N93271... :p

Alpine II 318is

Comment

What do you expect for 160 hp and less here in Colorado? Still, better than N93271... :p
                        The absolute worst thing about living in colorado... not being able to use the affordable airplanes.

Comment

Yeah...

And then I flew this. Not exactly affordable at the moment, but it was a blast!

But for now I remain a glider pilot. These are from Saturday:

The glider runway looks a bit daunting to new pilots:

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Nice!! One of the guys who flies 959 is fun to watch doing laps of the pattern.

Comment

That would be Nic... His first flying job was at Mile High Gliding flying towplanes around. They do pretty ridiculous patterns as part of their daily routine. Basically, the glider pattern is inside, and about twice as close to the airport as the powered pattern, and the towplane pattern is twice as close as the glider pattern. Keeps everyone separated and the traffic flow is pretty efficient once you get used to it. But it means that as a tow pilot, you get used to one continuous slipping downwind-base-final turn. And then they slip it in high over the fence so they don't snag the rope in the chain link.

Makes it fun to watch!

Alpine II 318is

Comment

That would be Nic... His first flying job was at Mile High Gliding flying towplanes around. They do pretty ridiculous patterns as part of their daily routine. Basically, the glider pattern is inside, and about twice as close to the airport as the powered pattern, and the towplane pattern is twice as close as the glider pattern. Keeps everyone separated and the traffic flow is pretty efficient once you get used to it. But it means that as a tow pilot, you get used to one continuous slipping downwind-base-final turn. And then they slip it in high over the fence so they don't snag the rope in the chain link.

Makes it fun to watch!

That would explain things quite a bit!

Comment

Working...
                                X