Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombie, fill those of us in who dunno u and haven't seen your car.... lol. Mid engine car, or spare engine? lol what

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

This was actually the second time I've done this. Here's a picture of the first (note the shift lever sticking up into the window, indicating the tranny is in there too)

Originally posted by stoliver54
      Aw, balls.
      FS: assault gear....
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

lol so.... selling an old motor, picked up a parts motor, planning on a swap?.... what

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

The one in the picture was the m20 I got for $60 that has now been cleaned and bored to 86mm.
          First mock-up assembly with the m52b28 crank is tomorrow!

The one that was in my car today was the one I pulled from the vert to make room for the stroker, and so i can clean the engine bay and get rid of useless shit (PS, AC, cruise control).
          Aw, balls.

Comment

lol nice.... Is AC and cruise control easy to remove? My A/C's been dead since before I got the car, same with the cruise control. My ABS light came on today so my plan to remove the ABS might come to fruition sooner than I planned. While I'm in there, might as well remove the rest of the useless stuff and lighten the car.

Comment

Powersteering: way easy. Took about 5 minutes.

Cruise control: components are easy, but I'm not sure what to do with the electrical connectors. Haven't decided if I should tuck them out of the way, or trace it back to the source and remove it there also.

A/C: Actually pretty easy also, provided it's already empty. However, I have only removed engine compartment stuff, not anything from the heater core area. The hardest part would probably be the condensor(?) or whatever the secondary radiator thing is, because the actual radiator is in the way.

However, it's bloody easy when there's no engine!

ABS on the other hand, I think would be a good idea to leave that alone. Granted, I've never really needed it, and the eta is fine without it, but it's not really in the way or heavy and could be potentially useful.

Traction control, on the other hand, can go die. Fortunately, our old-ass cars don't have any of that nonsense!
              Aw, balls.

Comment

Originally posted by ZombiE30 View Post
                Powersteering: way easy. Took about 5 minutes.

Cruise control: components are easy, but I'm not sure what to do with the electrical connectors. Haven't decided if I should tuck them out of the way, or trace it back to the source and remove it there also.

A/C: Actually pretty easy also, provided it's already empty. However, I have only removed engine compartment stuff, not anything from the heater core area. The hardest part would probably be the condensor(?) or whatever the secondary radiator thing is, because the actual radiator is in the way.

However, it's bloody easy when there's no engine!

ABS on the other hand, I think would be a good idea to leave that alone. Granted, I've never really needed it, and the eta is fine without it, but it's not really in the way or heavy and could be potentially useful.

Traction control, on the other hand, can go die. Fortunately, our old-ass cars don't have any of that nonsense!
                I'm gonna save my powersteering, but since the A/C is dead and I don't really care to fix it or the cruise, I was gonna yank em. Still unsure about leaving the ABS or what.

Comment

I removed my A/C. It is really easy except the condenser in front of the radiator. I just left that in for now until I feel like taking the radiator out, I couldn't get at it any other way.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

did you pull anything in the heater core region? or is there nothing AC specific in there to worry about?
                    Aw, balls.

Comment

From what I can tell it doesn't seem like there is any substantial AC components under the dash. Most if not all of your weight savings is going to come from the engine bay.

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
                      Originally posted by Chachi
                      young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

^^^ car looks good. Never seen it? Pics?
                        sigpic
                        HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                        " enjoy the show "

Comment

it's not just weight savings, it's working space savings, and the principle of having shit in my car that is not worthy.

ps-where were you today Stoliver?!? Balls-deep in a hangover, maybe? :p

HYPER: he's the guy with the S50 swap I was telling you about. It'd probably be a good idea to climb under his hood for awhile before starting your project just to see where everything goes.
                          Aw, balls.

Comment

I had to take my parents to the airport. I have been itching to get the car out on the street now that the snow is gone. I really need new brakes though so as soon as my tax return comes back I'll be good to go.

Hyper- I don't have many photos, as I am usually having too much fun driving it, but I will try to find some...

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
                            Originally posted by Chachi
                            young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by stoliver54 View Post
                              From what I can tell it doesn't seem like there is any substantial AC components under the dash. Most if not all of your weight savings is going to come from the engine bay.
                              Have you, or anyone for that matter, done the tar removal? I've been debating it, but BMW put it there to help balance the car front and rear, and it's probably best to keep the car as balanced as possible....

Also, were you driving your ix today / tonight and is the exhaust louder than stock? If so, I think I saw you, I don't remember what time. It was after 6 probably, at like Pearl and 28th-ish. I was in the Target parking lot on the corner there and you pulled into Whole Foods.

Comment

okay......haha.

New pads? Or do you need the whole deal?
                                I can turn rotors at school for free. It takes about 20 minutes for a pair.

BISHOP: no, never done the tar removal. Was that to balance the car? I assumed it was just waterproofing/sound deadening.
                                I have, however, ripped all of that rubber insulation shit out of the tranny tunnel. Mainly just because it was all warped and prevented me from getting to tranny mounting bolts and kept landing in my eyes.
                                Last edited by ZombiE30; 02-01-2010, 12:17 AM. Reason: there's always more
                                Aw, balls.

Comment

Working...
                                X