Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was no residue for me when it was frozen. The part that came off on its own left very very very little, if any. I would guess if you heated it then it would get pretty gross.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Ok sounds good. You just bought 10 pounds of dry ice, let it all sit and freeze and then pry up the tar?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I used 5lbs for half of the trunk. The other half came up without the dry ice. I just used the pry bar and tapped it with the dead blow to get it under the tar, I didn't have any problems, just takes a little bit of time.

Comment

did you find any rust/scratch the metal really bad? I'm nervous about doing my trunk because i did the footwells, and scratched/peeled up everything, besides the metal rofl.

then again, a giant flathead screwdriver and soft hammer prolly wasn't the best idear..
          1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
          1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
          1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
          1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
          1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
          I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

I'm thinking deadblow for sure, but I'm debating about what prying utensil to use that will not destroy the paint, like you mentioned....

----- ALSO -----

Who wants to go autocrossing? I'm probably going to be starting the next new autocross thread tonight, but as a general idea it's the 13, right before Valentines day, in Colorado Springs in the World Arena parking lot. There's talk on the CUSCC forum of putting together a group to get a hotel room for everyone to split and crash in the night before since that's smarter than driving down morning of.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
            Originally posted by DTM190
            "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus View Post
              did you find any rust/scratch the metal really bad? I'm nervous about doing my trunk because i did the footwells, and scratched/peeled up everything, besides the metal rofl.

then again, a giant flathead screwdriver and soft hammer prolly wasn't the best idear..
              I scratched it very little. There was no rust under it, but mine was a california car its entire life except the past 2 or so years. You can always hit it with a little paint if you are nervous about the scratched paint.

Comment

yes make a seperate SCCA Autocross #5 thread. This thread already has too many simultaneous topics.

And its also moving at an incredible rate! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  yes make a seperate SCCA Autocross #5 thread. This thread already has too many simultaneous topics.

And its also moving at an incredible rate! ;)
                  which is good and make up for the past 2 months! haha
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

downforce do you work @ that construction place in aurora?
                    1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                    1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                    1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus View Post
                      downforce do you work @ that construction place in aurora?
                      No I am currently a student and my car is with me in Colorado Springs, i'm guessing you saw a white e30 coupe at a construction place somewhere in aurora?
                      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

no, there is a guy i sold sport seats to awhile back, who had a white bmw, and worked in aurora and lived in the springs.... thought it was you.
                        1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

Bored at school - I hope to get my euro trim put on tonight, it sure does look great sitting on my table! Hopefully pictures tonight.

Comment

Hey Zombie!!!!!

What time are you at school on Monday? Wondering if I can bring you my rotors to throw on the lathe. Figure it is worth a try.

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
                            Originally posted by Chachi
                            young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

I'm at school from 1000 to 1930.

I think we're lecturing on engines monday, so I'd probably try to get in there around 1630 to get them on the lathe. Hopefully the brakes class isn't doing rotors yet.

I have quite a few breaks on mon/wed, so just let me know ahead of time and I'll arrange to get those from ya.
                              Originally posted by stoliver54
                              Aw, balls.
                              FS: assault gear....
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

? whats wrong with the rotors?
                                1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

Working...
                                X