This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    Um....I'm 99% sure the admission standards are nowhere near that high. You probably need above a 3.5, but a 4.0? Not even Stanford's that selective.

Mines does have a poor girls:guys ratio. No idea about the suicide rate though.
    The average gpa is 3.7. I heard the girl:guy ratio is pretty bad as well but, I still have time to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
      The average gpa is 3.7. I heard the girl:guy ratio is pretty bad as well but, I still have time to choose.
      Well, don't let that deter you. Average is just that, an average, and CU isn't so far away that you'll never see women again. Contrary to what you might think, universities want well rounded students instead of purely on-paper geniuses...life experiences do come into play. Be creative with your applications. etc. advice. blah blahblah don't worry about it yet.

I'd argue that CU or CSU's mech eng departments are much better than Mines', but that's a decision you'd need to make.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

That is all. Thank you.

Comment

^^^^^^ ha ha ha... I seen that short El Camino at the junk yard before.. funny looking!!!
          sigpic
          HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
          " enjoy the show "

Comment

surface rust isn't a bit deal, look at spastics e28 ever heard of wet sand/ bondo? lol jk

but for real, when i said little rust i meant i don't see rust on the rear shock towers, the floor under the driver's and passenger's feet, the rocker panels, and the spare tire well. thats the usual spots for rust in 02s

obviously any post on craigslist is usually a lofty estimate. how often do you go look at a car and say sure ill pay you straight up vs trying to haggle?

no you can't buy it and daily it without a few hiccups, i never said that.
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
              surface rust isn't a bit deal, look at spastics e28 ever heard of wet sand/ bondo? lol jk

but for real, when i said little rust i meant i don't see rust on the rear shock towers, the floor under the driver's and passenger's feet, the rocker panels, and the spare tire well. thats the usual spots for rust in 02s

obviously any post on craigslist is usually a lofty estimate. how often do you go look at a car and say sure ill pay you straight up vs trying to haggle?

no you can't buy it and daily it without a few hiccups, i never said that.
              how do you know the seller? Is he willing to move his price, like alot? I do want an 02, but I just won't be able to justify paying very much for that car, because of the condition that it is in, and the amount of work I think it may take to make it a reliable road car, not including the bodywork, which isn't really necessary to make it a DD, but as it is, it sure WILL get looks and turn heads, just as the seller says in his listing, merely because of it's grotesquely hideous visage (which I think is sort of cool).

I'm not so worried about your statement about little rust, I am more worried that the seller says in his ad in plain words "rust free", which really throws up red flags for me, because I cannot fathom why someone would say a car 70% covered in rust is "rust free" without some sort of explanation. Sure, it looks like there is no structural rust of any severity, which I respect, but as far as rust, it has rust a-plenty.

Also, the seller told me the car runs and drives, and he runs it regularly, but after the rust statements, i would just like to drive it myself.

Comment

So which one of you cock suckers bought that E21 Alpina on craigslist? Seriously, the dude adjusted the ad to say it was sold within 28 minutes of posting the ad?.... WTF

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                Originally posted by DTM190
                "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

what Alpina E21????

how come I didn't see it???

Comment

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

holy fuck. $4000. that is plain STUPID

Comment

wait, holy crap......one lucky dude...

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Too bad he never posted any pics.

Comment

Fuck me, that was a steaaaaaaal of a deaal at $4k.

I'd hit it.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I saw that and was like "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

i want to find the seller and punch him in the face for being such an idiot as to sell an original Alpina E21 with LESS than 50k miles on it for $4k. He could have gotten quadruple that.

Comment

Working...
                                X