This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zreberlcoe View Post
    Do it, this kid goes to School Of Mines haha.
    me too
    1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
    2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
    <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by 325i View Post
      me too
      You don't own a BMW so no one cares about you

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        You don't own a BMW so no one cares about you
        i drove a bmw today!! to get it back to our apartment then had to walk back to pick up my s4 does that count. (owned a bmw)
        1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
        <<Flickr>>

Comment

^ walked back in freezing temperatures to get your car? Now that's dedication. I usually just leave mine and ride my bike to get it the next day lol

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

screw that im not leaving it around a bunch of drunks. yea was pretty cold but worth the walk, and that way both our cars are here.

i didnt drink (obviously) so why not take a nice stroll at 1 in the morning haha.
            <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by 325i View Post
              screw that im not leaving it around a bunch of drunks. yea was pretty cold but worth the walk, and that way both our cars are here.

i didnt drink (obviously) so why not take a nice stroll at 1 in the morning haha.
              Touché... My upstairs neighbors dumped some sort of liquid off their balcony onto my car last weekend. I lost it...

Comment

exactly see im not having that, plus i was parked between 2 jeeps that could drive over my car.
                <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by RLTW86 View Post
                  Do you like it? I'm thinking about looking at some Cooper S's. Just curious on what some people's experiences have been with them. I've never so much as sat in one.
                  I secretly love it. It's an '05 with the supercharger. Has a few mods and it's a rocket.

Don't buy a turbo model, the supercharger is sooo much better.

Definitely get one with the chrono package (puts the speedo where it's supposed to be, gives you oil temp and pressure gauges as well).

Road-tripped it out to Green Bay in early January for the Packer playoff game and it just ate up the miles like nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Diplomat View Post
                    Nice, 01-09 here. Tore ACL on first try then got through bc I knew everything. Still in? MOS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    LOL! A'int that the way it goes. Half of the course is plain luck. Yeah, I'm still in (Reservist on AD orders). Switched from 11B to 35F. Might go warrant later this year and go fly choppahs :)

You?
                    All I wanted was a tomahawk....

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                      I secretly love it. It's an '05 with the supercharger. Has a few mods and it's a rocket.

Don't buy a turbo model, the supercharger is sooo much better.

Definitely get one with the chrono package (puts the speedo where it's supposed to be, gives you oil temp and pressure gauges as well).

Road-tripped it out to Green Bay in early January for the Packer playoff game and it just ate up the miles like nothing.

Good to know. I was on the fence on whether to go with the supercharged or turbocharged.

And definitely will be looking for something that gets rid of that outrageous speedo.

What were you doing in GB? I used to live across the street from Lambeau.

Comment

Good to know. I was on the fence on whether to go with the supercharged or turbocharged.

And definitely will be looking for something that gets rid of that outrageous speedo.
                        The Chrono package puts the speedo and the tach behind the steering wheel. So much better imho.

]
                        What were you doing in GB? I used to live across the street from Lambeau.
                        Got some free tickets to the playoff game. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                          The Chrono package puts the speedo and the tach behind the steering wheel. So much better imho.

Got some free tickets to the playoff game. :D
                          That is definitely a drastic improvement.

Nice! Those tickets are hard to come by.
                          Last edited by RLTW86; 02-09-2014, 02:25 PM. Reason: Accidentally placed response inside quotation.

Comment

What's wrong with the turbo model? Driven properly, they run like a charm!

Also the new ones have a small LCD screen on the tach that can display a bunch of different parameters including the speed. By far the best gauge layout is the r55/56 generation with nav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              What's wrong with the turbo model? Driven properly, they run like a charm!
                              Nothing. It's a great engine. The supercharged engine is just a better fit for the car. It's a point and shoot engine, compared to the the turbo engine which is point, pedal to the floor, wait, shoot.

Both are great, supercharger is just marginally better. I wouldn't turn down a turbo model, but we actively sought out a supercharged car for a reason.

Comment

Yeah, I can see that.

The MINI had a tiny bit more turbo lag than the 2.0T in our mk5 GTi... which had virtually zero lag! We did find that clicking on the sport mode for every day driving was better, even my wife in the passenger seat would notice if I forgot to put it on, and click it for me. Tightened up the throttle and the electric power steering. I wish it came like that as default.
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X