Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent choice. Saw that one FS too. Congrats!
    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by ltz Viper View Post
      Amazing! I was watching that car a for while drooling over it, let me know when you want the E21 back have fun with it!
      Thanks man, will let you know. I do miss the E21. What wheels are on it now?

Comment

Originally posted by joshw02 View Post
        Thanks man, will let you know. I do miss the E21. What wheels are on it now?
        just some 14" basket weaves for winter driving, currently looking into a set of wheels.:)

Comment

What's up all! Long time no see. Just thought I'd pop in and see what's goin on. Here's an update on my bmw situation: I don't have one right now. Wife and kids and jobs and all that stuff have taken time and money. I did sell my swap car to my brother though, and he's since swapped in an s52 and done some other things like paint the snow steelies and add low.

We haven't moved across the globe as we had wanted to, but hey, sh*t happens.

I'm looking for another car since I'm driving either my motorcycle when it's dry, or my volvo beast when it's not. Anyone wanna sell me an e30m3? :)

Seriously though, I'm looking for a clean shell e30, doesn't need to run as the next project is going to be a little ambitious in the driveline department. I may actually consider an e30m3 if I can find one for the right price (sub 20k). I've got a few months to find the car, so no hurry really. I'm all about a great deal, so let me know if you hear of anything! Work has slowed way down and I have some time to be a little more present here. I miss all you gearheads, sad but true.

EDIT: I also might be interested in a 2002, doesn't have to be a roundie, but I'd like it. This would be for a rally/track project. :)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by monkeytaco; 01-31-2014, 10:36 AM.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Just buy my M5. ;)

Comment

The m5 is tempting, but I REALLY want an e30m3. I will do a complete restore to one. Nom nom nom.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Mountain Subaru experts... Thoughts on 05ish WRX's/9-2x's?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  Mountain Subaru experts... Thoughts on 05ish WRX's/9-2x's?
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I had a 9-2x. Favorite car I ever owned, period. Never should have sold it...

Overall, pretty reliable. Timing belt needs done at 100k, but that's the only major issue. Keep an eye out for modified cars, they're sensitive to needing to be tuned properly.
                      Exomotive Exocet
                      1997 Toyota Tacoma

Comment

Originally posted by BTD View Post
                        I had a 9-2x. Favorite car I ever owned, period. Never should have sold it...

Overall, pretty reliable. Timing belt needs done at 100k, but that's the only major issue. Keep an eye out for modified cars, they're sensitive to needing to be tuned properly.
                        I seriously want this...

Comment

Meh, I sold mine for $10,400 almost three years ago with less miles and a non-replaced engine. Also had a bunch of nice, taseful and subtle mods including the Enkei RP05's and RCE springs.

I'd pass on that one, they aren't hard to find in better shape for pretty much the same money. 9-2x forums are your friend. Also keep in mind that body parts are basically impossible to find, so if you wreck one it will likely be totaled. Last I saw wait for a front bumper is ~2 years.
                          Exomotive Exocet
                          1997 Toyota Tacoma

Comment

Originally posted by BTD View Post
                            Meh, I sold mine for $10,400 almost three years ago with less miles and a non-replaced engine. Also had a bunch of nice, taseful and subtle mods including the Enkei RP05's and RCE springs.

I'd pass on that one, they aren't hard to find in better shape for pretty much the same money. 9-2x forums are your friend. Also keep in mind that body parts are basically impossible to find, so if you wreck one it will likely be totaled. Last I saw wait for a front bumper is ~2 years.
                            Dayummmm...

Comment

@ lambo, I would go with a bugeye, my cousin bought one 3 years go and hasn't had any issues with it.
                              On another note I bought my first ix!!
                              Been super busy with work I haven't put all the parts it needs, well was waiting on h&r spring to get here but now they are, hope is nice this weekend so I can have it on the road by next week.
                              Will be doing PB swap and some little upgrades.

sigpic
                              HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                              " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                                @ lambo, I would go with a bugeye, my cousin bought one 3 years go and hasn't had any issues with it.
                                On another note I bought my first ix!!
                                Been super busy with work I haven't put all the parts it needs, well was waiting on h&r spring to get here but now they are, hope is nice this weekend so I can have it on the road by next week.
                                Will be doing PB swap and some little upgrades.

You finally got one? hell yeah!
                                1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
                                BMW

Comment

Working...
                                X