Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say I were to sand down a whole front valence (or would sand blasting be bad?) and wanted a local shop to paint it calypso-rot, what do you think that'll cost me? I have already bought a valence, because mine is f*****, so I'm looking for a cost effective way to get it on.
    1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
    BMW

Comment

Originally posted by nogapersnBMWs View Post
      Roland - I'm sure you can run circles around me all day and I'm glad you know ALL the surrounding circumstances without knowing me, being their, or ever seeing any of my work. You sir are AWESOME...

And for being so AWESOME please don't ever work on my BMW, as I like to take a real, real long time when I do work on them. Ask people who DO know me. Thank you

Shop time m20b25 rebuild = 30 hrs.
      My m20 rebuild = 150 hrs. plus hours and not even near finished

Sorry I can't be all fast custom builder/fabricator like you Roland! How much of your labor did it take for Drew to rebuild your s38 head? Your everyone's idol...
      I think you're taking this forum a bit too seriously.

Comment

it turns into a 13 hour job when the intake comes off to get the starter and you have to ghetto rig the selector shaft because some asshat put a G260 output shaft on a g245 so the guibo rubs the selector shaft. g265/6 coming soon;D

Comment

Originally posted by ltz Viper View Post
          it turns into a 13 hour job when the intake comes off to get the starter and you have to ghetto rig the selector shaft because some asshat put a G260 output shaft on a g245 so the guibo rubs the selector shaft. g265/6 coming soon;D
          fair enough.

In all fairness, I'm a horrible mechanic and a terrible fabricator. 13 hours just seemed a bit extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by ltz Viper View Post
            g265/6 coming soon
            Let me know if you find an extra G265... I'm looking for one too.

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Me too.
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

E28 guys probably have them as they are not only a replacement for the E28 M5's g280, they also are more stout/durable for turbo builds with e28 535i's. They did come in '85 535i's although my car doesn't have one since it was an auto conversion.
                http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Originally posted by tschultz View Post
                  E28 guys probably have them as they are not only a replacement for the E28 M5's g280, they also are more stout/durable for turbo builds with e28 535i's. They did come in '85 535i's although my car doesn't have one since it was an auto conversion.
                  G265s are pretty easy to source. I found two in Colorado in a quick search last night, willing to bet theres a lot more.

The G280 is a better box for certain cars, but hard to come by.

Comment

This is cool - thought I'd share, if you haven't seen it yet.

All the world's best race circuits (to scale, on one map)...

Tom

See All The World's Best Circuits To Scale In One Incredible Map

v i s i o n a u t i k s

Comment

Awesome picture. Missing a couple good circuits but it has the big-name ones.

OT: what the hell is up with bimmerforums /bf.c mountain regional?
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

You mean the dickhead moderator? Or is there something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                          G265s are pretty easy to source. I found two in Colorado in a quick search last night, willing to bet theres a lot more.

The G280 is a better box for certain cars, but hard to come by.

How much were those g265's?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            How much were those g265's?

Didn't have prices listed, just a phone number.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                              OT: what the hell is up with bimmerforums /bf.c mountain regional?
                              Chucky has calmed down, apologized, and backed off on his heavy-handedness. He's restored our own CO CL thread, and dropped his 'replacement'. He said he'll only try to butt-in now to enforce the bf.c explicit language policy.

He took the heat (right/wrong) for the stupid Panjo selling decision Bf.c made (kill the messenger), and admits he definitely could/should have "entered the scene" a bit better, not knowing us or how that community worked...

Ehh - it's better now, maybe not the ol' way, but OK, IMO. But the traffic has died quite a bit cuz all this. For us non-FBers it's still at least a way to communicate...

---

Diff subject: Any of you hitting the planned meet tom'w off Ken Caryl?
                              Last edited by visionaut; 04-11-2014, 10:53 AM.

v i s i o n a u t i k s

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                                Didn't have prices listed, just a phone number.
                                are they off carpart.com?

Comment

Working...
                                X