February All-Euro GTG - Feb 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup, sure was!

edit: how'd you figure it out? i must be getting sloppy in my old age.....
    Last edited by ZombiE30; 02-27-2010, 09:02 PM. Reason: time delay on witticism
    Originally posted by stoliver54
    Aw, balls.
    FS: assault gear....
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

pics are uploaded, bitcheeeees! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=163213

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        you are the guy with the E34 M5, right?

loooooong..... ha ha! I took a sauna actually. and i am sifting through pictures. I took 80, and I don't want to post them all... (or should I?)
        No I'm the guy with the vert. Nice pics by the way.

Comment

oh my bad josh, now I know exactly who you are.

I have problems matching usernames to faces and cars, especially since i don't recognize the car in your avatar.

Comment

The vert, in all honesty, was a lot more than I was expecting after just seeing pics and stuff. That car is damn nice.

Details Peter? I knew you said it before, but details?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
            Originally posted by DTM190
            "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I added a few of my pictures on that thread.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by ZombiE30 View Post
                yup, sure was!

edit: how'd you figure it out? i must be getting sloppy in my old age.....
                my wife figured it out. She looked at a pic of your car and said "He must have been in the Marines."

I wondered how she could tell, it was your license plate.

btw, that's pretty bad-ass.

Comment

btw i added about seven slightly higher-res pics that I tweaked a little to the thread in Member's Rides, check 'em out!

Comment

SAM: we forgot to jam! aaaaaaaaaagh

oh well, next time i guess.

and to make a very long story very short:

Left colorado in January 2004. For better or worse, decided that weekend warriors are gay and got stationed in Camp Lejeune in 10th Marines (artillery). Been to Iraq x2.

Drove 4 color eta there. Drove the same eta (minus passenger seat, plus two more colors) back, 5 years later.

Now in college for.......................................?
                    Aw, balls.

Comment

You took your ETA to Iraq? lol fucking Win

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

and you drove it back from iraq with more colors
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Pete, that is ultimately bad ass!!! how did you get your eta to Iraq and back? did you have to pay, or did the military ship it for you?

Comment

If you're enlisted, usually the Military, army, whatever will pay to ship something like that for you. It's like the dude with the white e30 in Germany, air force I think? Since he was stationed like an hour from the Ring, he got his car sent over for free

Comment

you guys are joking right?

oh, i guess my sentence structure was confusing. "there" was supposed to be Camp Lejeune, NC.

We definitely did not have access to anything other than armored vehicles, and the occasional mercedes minibus.

Oddly enough, the eta would have been good at impersonating local taxis, as their distinguishing characteristic (instead of being yellow and/or checkered) was that they had different color fenders.
                              Usually theirs were orange though.
                              Aw, balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                                If you're enlisted, usually the Military, army, whatever will pay to ship something like that for you. It's like the dude with the white e30 in Germany, air force I think? Since he was stationed like an hour from the Ring, he got his car sent over for free
                                that's probably because he was stationed there, just like I was stationed in NC.
                                Iraq is a deployment to a combat zone, so no fun things were allowed. (except for weapons)
                                Aw, balls.

Comment

Working...
                                X