No announcement yet.

BMWCCA Driving School, May 22-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew there were free inspections somewhere but I couldn't find the links on the BMWCCA site. I didn't think to look in the waiver / form section. Thanks for that Franken. I'll probably call CO's today since that's the closest

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Hey guys, Poudre Sports Car, on the south side of fort collins does free techs as well. We do them the Wednesday a week and a half before the event. We're laid back, you're welcome in the shop to see your car on the lift... it's a good time, and 2 of us have high mileage e30s. I have an 87 325is with 271xxx on it, and one of the other techs has an iX with like 430xxx. We would love to see your cars.

Drew
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dhoff View Post
        Hey guys, Poudre Sports Car, on the south side of fort collins does free techs as well. We do them the Wednesday a week and a half before the event. We're laid back, you're welcome in the shop to see your car on the lift... it's a good time, and 2 of us have high mileage e30s. I have an 87 325is with 271xxx on it, and one of the other techs has an iX with like 430xxx. We would love to see your cars.

Drew
        Sounds interesting
        sigpic
        HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
        " enjoy the show "

Comment

Drew
          heyyy welcome to R3V! Well you have been on here for a year, but only 6 posts? So you are with Poudre Sports Car? Do you know Gary Odehnal?

Comment

I'm not a big poster, try not to say anything unless I have something to contribute. That and the fact that I don't spend tons of time on the net doesn't lend itself well to tons of posts.

I am with Poudre, and no, I don't think I know Gary. How would I know him? What does he drive?

Drew
            sigpic

Comment

Drew
              Drew, would you guys be willing to do tech some time this week, even though the event is this weekend? I have an appointment tomorrow at CO's BMW in Loveland, but I'm a little worried now that Sam's been failed... My car passed tech at SCR a little while back for an SCCA event at HPR, I'm just worried the BMW guys might be a little more snooty / stringent...

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Sure, give us a call. We aren't open monday, but call on tuesday and make an appointment. For a tech inspection we can probably fit you in whenever you need us to, but some advance warning would be nice to make sure we have a lift open. We like to tech at the end of the day, but I'm sure if you can't come then we can get you in whenever. But we won't pass you if your car doesn't warrant it. Phone number is (970)229-0990. Talk to Bob and let him know that I told you to call.

Drew
                sigpic

Comment

Drew, I appreciate it a lot. I figure if the car passed once at SCR, it should pass no problem. My sport seats are pretty old, hell the car's old, and they have some play in them, but they're not falling apart / dangerous in my eyes.... That's my only concern at this point since I know the rest of the car is up to snuff

Comment

Your seats would have to be falling out of the car unsafe to fail you for that. As long as the car is safe and not leaking copious amounts of oil, you'll be fine.

Drew
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds good, I'm only semi-worried about the seats cause when I got the inspection at SCR, they mentioned I should replace the seats soon since they're old and kinda wobbly I guess you could call em... They're in good shape, they're just a little... "loose" lol, I dunno. I don't think they're unsafe at all.

Comment

Co's = FAIL!!!!

Do NOT go to Co's!! just talked to Chris Mayfield this morning at SCR, and the Co's BMW tech is full of s*** I would be a more competent and intelligent tech!! Well enough of that, I am going to start a thread on this.

Comment

Drew: Gary is a driving instructor for BMWCCA. He told me to talk to Zack over at Poudre, so I thought maybe you knew him. He drives an E46 M3.

Comment

Zach is more in tune with the club guys, I'm just getting into the scene. I'm young and to this point have been broke, so I havn't been to any DEs yet, just a few auto-x. I'm working on getting a 318is to turn into a track rat, so hopefully that will soon change.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dodoy5
                              Thanks finest cars and new cars latest models http://shortlinks.co.uk/1pil 2010
                              Goodbye, spammer. Die in a fire.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

He shall be condemned to the deepest realm of hell!!!!!!
                                89 325i (Sold)
                                95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                                2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Working...
                                X