Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh don't worry nothing can replace my e30s this is going to postpone their completion sadly but oh well. it's such a sweet car so i can live with it for awhile till the true ruler of the DTM circuit gets back on the road :D

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
      Saw this guy up near Arapahoe Community College

That's funny I know this kid, my brother was gonna buy the car until he had a problem with the power steering pump where it was mounted on the oil pan, bolt hole was hallowed out so there was a need for a new oil pan. And the rear wheel bearings were shot so the inner tread was worn smooth. Otherwise it is a great 318is just needs some tlc. It has a chip that pushes up the rpm to 8200. If you're interested here's the add http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3115281096.html. Great car if you are looking for a little track fun. Also there is about 1500-2000$ in the suspension.
      1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
      BMW

Comment

^ I wouldn't pay more than $3k...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

^ I wouldn't pay more than $3k...
          Right, we took it to bimmerhaus, which is a fantastic place to take any of your BMW's, but they noticed all the nick nack things. So if you don't have a option of taking it to a pre purchase inspection then I will tell you that dot pay more then 3k. It has a lot of cosmetic problems. But it drives absolutely fantastic so that might be what your looking for in a track car.
          1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
          BMW

Comment

Originally posted by tehwickerman View Post

Found this on CL for a stupid low price last week... bought it... more details to come once I'm done giving her a first round of TLC.
            I miss mine a little bit every once in a while.

Comment

Always wanted one of these....drool
              Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

^ Business in front...party in rear.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

It's kinda sorta business in the rear also. At least it is designed to keep too much partying from happening back there.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                    It's kinda sorta business in the rear also. At least it is designed to keep too much partying from happening back there.
                    I was referring to the front fascia which is very luxurious looking and then the rear has this huge wing haha

Comment

aren't those mercs all automatic though? And heavy?

Comment

I was referring to the front fascia which is very luxurious looking and then the rear has this huge wing haha
                        I just reverted to my assholeish nature.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                          aren't those mercs all automatic though? And heavy?
                          dogleg 5 speed. not that heavy. it's a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by tehwickerman View Post
                            dogleg 5 speed. not that heavy. it's a lot of fun.
                            what weight and hp? Sorry, im too lazy to look it up at the moment.

Comment

170 hp on the US models 190 for euro spec due to higher compression.

not sure on how much it weighs... too lazy to go outside and look. it feels light and agile for being a relatively "big" car. 53/47 weigh distribution, good brakes, etc.

I'm just going to do a complete engine refresh, some minor cosmetics, and daily drive it while I get my 318is monster up and running.

Then its it's time for the M...... which probably won't be done till I graduate. If not longer.

Comment

Not bad. For you E36 guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X