HPR Open Lapping Day August 5th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

125c? Youch!

My M3 (no oil cooler, ~245whp) was running 95-100c all day. It would spike to 105 when I pulled in the pits.

It was slow out there today for me. I was running 2:06.xx all day, had passengers every session. Car was handling OK, not great. Going to stiffen up the spring rates and back off on the swaybars a bit.
    Chris
    97 M3
    01 325
    Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Didn't make it out Friday, ended up out of town...

Chris - Was looking at some old pics and found your car in one of them! Mine was the other Alpine M3 in the pic. I think this was 2007.

Comment

That looks eerily like the old Coors Field autocross site. I started autocrossing in my scoob there in 2007.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Crazy! That was the first season I was autocrossing too, I think. Definitely coors field. I see Garrett's old 330i as well as John Scheier's ex-M3.

Cool stuff!
          Chris
          97 M3
          01 325
          Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
            It was slow out there today for me. I was running 2:06.xx all day, had passengers every session. Car was handling OK, not great. Going to stiffen up the spring rates and back off on the swaybars a bit.
            What is the issue? Not responsive enough?

I've a new laundry list of things to fix and improve by next time. Brakes/shock rebuild/exhaust/this damn dipstick/air ducting. Overheating for the most part is gone.

Also learned sleep is good to have.

Fun fact: HPR is just about 100miles from my house. AAA Plus paid for itself yesterday.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I loved the track, it really was a lot of fun. I can't wait until I get to go out in my car.

Comment

It's a great track. Looking at my videos I was running consistent 2:16-2:18s despite an unhappy car and a lot of fatigue. Also lots of areas I could improve on.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                  Eric, any chance you could email me the data? The fsae race engineer in me likes playing around with these things.

Yeah, for sure. what's your email addy?

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                  Eric your car is so much fun! I want it so badly...
                  Everything is for sale for the right price!:shock:

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                  125c? Youch!

My M3 (no oil cooler, ~245whp) was running 95-100c all day. It would spike to 105 when I pulled in the pits.

yeah, 100c would make me much more comfortable! Next time out I'll have to grab you for a few laps to see where I can go faster. I had a ton of fun for being my first time on track, and I know a few corners that i'm butchering pretty bad.
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

$5 shipped?

Comment

Working...
                    X