Compression tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression tester

Any one have a quality brand one I could borrow? I wanna run the numbers on my cafe racer. Mines back in NJ, and I don't think it ever read correctly. Six pack for your troubles.
    Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

I have one. If you can't find one closer, or are willing to come pick it up you can certainly use it.

Comment

Sounds good, i'll probably need it next week, i'll give you a ring.

Comment

i could probably use one of these to test the piston rings on my car, yeah?
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
          i could probably use one of these to test the piston rings on my car, yeah?
          Yes, compression tester will do that. If the number is low, which I bet it is, then pour some oil in the cylinder and then do the test again immediately after. If the compression numbers go up significantly, you have a ring issue.

A leak-down tester is also handy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
            Yes, compression tester will do that. If the number is low, which I bet it is, then pour some oil in the cylinder and then do the test again immediately after. If the compression numbers go up significantly, you have a ring issue.

A leak-down tester is also handy too.
            Also a low number that doesn't jump with oil usually points to valve sealing problems.

Comment

any chance i could grab it this weekend and borrow it for a while?
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

A while? That's vague lol.

You can definitely borrow it for a week, but I'll need collateral + beer or chipotle.

Comment

Working...
                X