Recommended mechanic for subframe issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended mechanic for subframe issue

Hello R3V! I’m lookin for someone to fix this crazy subframe issue. I let my son borrow the car and I think my boy went 4wheeling or something cause dag look at the pictures! This is an 87 IS with unknown miles. Tak stoped working around 140k. I also own a later model e30 that I would love to motor swap and would be willing to work out some type of trade if anyone is interested.
    I am in Fairfield county, Bridgeport, Fairfield area and for obvious reasons I would not be able to travel far. Car would need to be towed.

Please let me know R3V thnX!!!!

is the car straight ? kinda seems more than just a front sub.

Comment

Just kidding about the 4wheeling. I took the car to the shop to have the bushings replaced. Once there the mechanic pointed out the obvious and stated that he did not want to take on the project. The car was my daily and ran perfectly fine before this. It has now sat for a little over a year and typical east coast weather not helping the situation. At this point I rather see the car go to either some that is willing to fix it or have someone help me access the situation to figure out what it is worth. I have no problem paying the right person. Thank you!

Comment

Wow. It looks like all 4 bolts holding the subframe to the chassis rails backed out somehow. Are the threads gone?

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

BMW # 07119905562 (4X)

Hex bolt M10x65mm 10.9 hardness

Comment

Working...
          X