I need my front valance painted 88+

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Some of the paint on my fender lip cracked when I rolled them recently, I ordered a paintchip.com rattle can and I'll let you know how it comes out.

    Alpineweiss II is relatively easy to match.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt-B
    replied
    I gave a price range. IF I cant get it done for that I wont. Simple. And Ill pay my friends dad to do it.

    Leave a comment:


  • guibo09
    replied
    you really expect a 3 stage quality paint job for less than 100$? really? just in materials you are more than half that and then the guy hasnt even spent 1 minute on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    looking into all options.


    Janderson,


    can you get powder coat matched to car colors?
    Kind of... That's why he said that it's an advantage to having a black car. It's way easier to color match black.

    Leave a comment:


  • travis816
    replied
    I got you coverd! Shoot me a pm!

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt-B
    replied
    looking into all options.


    Janderson,


    can you get powder coat matched to car colors?

    Leave a comment:


  • MacBudd541
    replied
    Originally posted by daniel
    what about that one guy? travis or something?

    travis is the painter in corvallis. travis816 shoot him a pm or pm me for his #. he gets shit done.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    I'm getting mine powdercoated this winter. Yet another awesome advantage to having a schwarz car.

    Leave a comment:


  • avery0829
    replied
    Originally posted by yberther
    ^agree. Avery's car (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=164112)
    has paintscratch.com painted bumpers and they look perfect. even up close.

    I went to a paint shop around here and had them paint match it for me. I just gave them my gas cap. But it was just that one can and some clear I found in the garage and it came out great. But, I do understand you wanting it done perfect.

    That'sjust the way I did it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryann
    replied
    Hey, Matt. We have a semi-trailer sized paint booth and talented/experienced personnel in the shop I work at. They recently painted my bike frame for me after I prepped it like they instructed. I didn't have to pay any labour for the task but chose Audi TT "Nimbus Grey Pearl" paint of the BASF Diamont variety (quality paint). The wholesale cost for the paint + Diamont clear was $125, excluding primer coats (free). There are different game plans, temperatures, and guns our guys use depending on the products they are using and the surfaces they are spraying. A good paint shop will have the paint wholesaler come out with a color spectrometer machine that will analyze your paint for an exact match regardless of age or fade.

    Looking at your car it seems to me like you appreciate the details, and there are details that mediocre painters skip over. Just sayin' you might be disappointed with the cheap route.

    Leave a comment:


  • yberther
    replied
    ^agree. Avery's car (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=164112)
    has paintscratch.com painted bumpers and they look perfect. even up close.

    Leave a comment:


  • RainierHooker
    replied
    Paintscratch.com just order a can of color and a can of clear...

    Since it is a valence and is gonna get chippy I'd just get whatever color you need and put a good coat of clear on it. This is what I used when I got my euro valence and with three good coats of color, sanding in between, it looks really good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt-B
    replied
    I was not saying you. i didnt know you did 2 stage. I have a lot of respect for you. and I might call you on prices again soon as I forgot. I work at a glass place on kerby avenue. really really close to you, and I drove by today and saw an old white car in front bay :D


    this is only to remind me \/

    price for valance:

    valance and 1 bumper:

    valance and 2 bumpers:

    right rear quarterpanel:



    thanks chris

    Leave a comment:


  • Mafiaracers
    replied
    what makes you think our stuff wont last or isn't "real?" Just because one maaco screws up a paint job or two doesn't mean my shop is a lousy one or shouldn't be trusted to do optimum work. If you want your parts to be tits, rock chips and cracks repaired, filled, feathered, etc...whatever magic my body buys do...then primed and blocked, then base coated and cleared...my shop can do that. Maaco can do all the high end shit that other shops do, we just do it at a lower price.

    I can only say it, you have to do it to believe it, but my shop isn't one where you get what you pay for. We actually turn away "scuff and shoots." I don't want to have my name on a crappy paint job...

    so, no offense, but please don't assume the work my team does is sub par because I operate under the "maaco" name. Its MY name on the door.

    Chris

    Leave a comment:


  • Mafiaracers
    replied
    single stage has integrated clear. 2 stage is a BC/CC

    Leave a comment:

Working...