Idaho Chat Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
    hm, so i'd probably be better of going to boise or ui huh?

like minded as in like liberty-minded individuals.

i just hate it here. i hate the high taxes, jerry brown and all his crap, crime, traffic, insane politicians, ridiculous regulations, bad schools, political correctness, illegal immigration, air pollution, high population density, the state government is broke, i could go on and on.

i'll look into it.
    It's true, boise is where it's at. We have a metro population of half a million. There isn't high crime. I go to Boise State and my father got his Electrical engineering degree there. There is a local company named Micron that puts lots of money into BSU as they want lots of engineers to choose from.

There is a ski resort 16 miles away, and anther 4 with in a 3 1/2 hour drive. There is a very close lake as well for the summer time, and a river that goes between Boise State and downtown that people float in the summer. It's a great state, and Boise is a great place if you want a place with people to live, with endless outdoor opportunities around you. It's very conservative.

I mean I could go on and on. Boise state tuition is sitting at about 3500 a semester for reference.

The core of downtown

Looking downtown from the depot. Note boise state is on the right.

Sorry I got a little agressive there.

Comment

Originally posted by boisebimmer View Post
      It's true, boise is where it's at. We have a metro population of half a million. There isn't high crime. I go to Boise State and my father got his Electrical engineering degree there. There is a local company named Micron that puts lots of money into BSU as they want lots of engineers to choose from.

There is a ski resort 16 miles away, and anther 4 with in a 3 1/2 hour drive. There is a very close lake as well for the summer time, and a river that goes between Boise State and downtown that people float in the summer. It's a great state, and Boise is a great place if you want a place with people to live, with endless outdoor opportunities around you. It's very conservative.

I mean I could go on and on. Boise state tuition is sitting at about 3500 a semester for reference.

The core of downtown
      [IMG]img[/IMG]
      Looking downtown from the depot. Note boise state is on the right.
      [IMG]img[/IMG]

Sorry I got a little agressive there.
      that's great to hear, and that would be my huge concern. i'm going for computer engineering and was wondering how that school would pan out as far as being known. seems like it would be a better choice then the other 2. i'll definitely look into it. it also looks absolutely beautiful compared to the horse shit of views out here. thanks!!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
        that's great to hear, and that would be my huge concern. i'm going for computer engineering and was wondering how that school would pan out as far as being known. seems like it would be a better choice then the other 2. i'll definitely look into it. it also looks absolutely beautiful compared to the horse shit of views out here. thanks!!
        Yeah, U of I is a Law school, and more of an agricultural school.

Idaho State (eastern Idaho) is a more Medical focused school

Boise State is a more Technical/business school.

BYU I is...... inexpensive if you're Mormon.

If you're looking for 'prestige' you could look into the College of Idaho in Caldwell (35 miles from boise) but it runs 20k a year and is a liberal arts college.

Computer Science degree

Comment

^^ Not to mention BSU's business program is highly regarded!

Boise is a smaller city but it's growing, still a beautiful place to live with lots of things to do year round.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

It's still small as fuck to anyone that grew up in Los Angeles area. For a reference, the first time I drove to Boise with my now wife, as we came in on the 84/86 from the east, I pointed out the downtown Boise area from the highway, and she thought we were in the outskirts, like a SoCal person would feel driving through Ontario/Fontana on the way to DTLA.

It took me three days to make her understand that what she saw was the WHOLE city.

Comment

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Yeah, U of I is a Law school, and more of an agricultural school.

Idaho State (eastern Idaho) is a more Medical focused school

Boise State is a more Technical/business school.

BYU I is...... inexpensive if you're Mormon.

If you're looking for 'prestige' you could look into the College of Idaho in Caldwell (35 miles from boise) but it runs 20k a year and is a liberal arts college.

Computer Science degree

http://registrar.boisestate.edu/cata...-compsci.shtml
                thanks, i've definitely got my eye on boise state now!
                oh and i'm going to school for computer engineering, not computer science. i hate programming with my life.

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                ^^ Not to mention BSU's business program is highly regarded!

Boise is a smaller city but it's growing, still a beautiful place to live with lots of things to do year round.
                i am absolutely okay with that!

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                It's still small as fuck to anyone that grew up in Los Angeles area. For a reference, the first time I drove to Boise with my now wife, as we came in on the 84/86 from the east, I pointed out the downtown Boise area from the highway, and she thought we were in the outskirts, like a SoCal person would feel driving through Ontario/Fontana on the way to DTLA.

It took me three days to make her understand that what she saw was the WHOLE city.
                haha, i am absolutely okay with small cities. i can't stand the overpopulated, overcrowded, congested los angeles. absolutely hate it. i would just love a nice quite, friendly community.

or am i just speaking like an old person?
                nope. definitely not.

that was a great read! i'm actually very excited and actually want to do a road trip or fly down there and take a tour of boise state and of boise itself.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                my feedback thread

Comment

so it seems after doing some more research boise state doesn't offer a b.s. program for computer engineering, only for m.s. and phd. :/ so it looks like university of idaho.

my feedback thread

Comment

Make sure you check the place out before you commit, Idaho is a big change from LA and is not for everyone.

Also we should start a monthly R3V meet, there's about 4 or us or so in Boise?
                    instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Big Willy View Post
                      Make sure you check the place out before you commit, Idaho is a big change from LA and is not for everyone.

You are back big willy?

Ryan
                      Boise
                      Big Willy
                      Me
                      BoiseBimmer
                      bimmer jim

And a few others i know im forgetting up here.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

absolutely. plan on heading down for summer. either fly or drive. haven't decided what's it going to be just yet.

my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                          You are back big willy?

Ryan
                          Boise
                          Big Willy
                          Me
                          BoiseBimmer
                          bimmer jim

And a few others i know im forgetting up here.
                          Yup back, and attending BSU.

Let's get something together for March, even if only half of those people show up.
                          instagram

Comment

Yup back, and attending BSU.

Let's get something together for March, even if only half of those people show up.
                            I can show up if it's a saturday, I'm busy the other days of the week with work and school.

Bummer Boise States doesn't have that degree. You could check NNU or College of Idaho

.....If you have lots of money to blow.

U of I is in a gorgeous place and is about 60 miles from Spokompton if I remember right.

@kyle When will those springs be available?

Comment

they offer it, just not as a b.a. but not too worry, i'll probably drive up there come jun/july and check university of idaho, and then university of washington before heading back.

my feedback thread

Comment

@kyle When will those springs be available?
                                We can do a Saturday, anyone else speak up if that doesn't work.

Looking for a set of coil overs? Or just springs?
                                instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X