No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody want some US Spec grills? I have a set that are in good shape. Just come get them. PM or text 7202990886.

Thanks,
    Adam
    sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

ok, I know you guys are getting sick of my motor questions and shit, but I'm kinda undecided what I want to do.

Anyways, I managed to find a M52b28 out of a Z3 for a decent deal. Mileage is unknown, but we do know it's less than 200k. Comes with everything, Harness, ECU, Accessories, etc. only problem is it's from a car that has been hit in the front. So I guess my big questions, is this a decent motor, will the harness and pan work with an E30, and what kind of things do I need to look at damage wise to the motor it's self? It's an Automatic car, so I will have to find a Flywheel and clutch, I'm pretty sure my tranny I have now will work, but I will have to get a 10 degree tranny mount for it. I'm shooting for 250hp and about 250 torque, and from what I have read, the M52B28 is a solid 190 from the factory. I'm having a problem convincing myself to pull the trigger on this. let me hear your opinions!!
      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Pull the trigger 24v are the next best thing to 16v engines
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I'd say, if you know how to wrench and you're committed, take the leap. 24v FTW. I love mine.

On the other hand, don't do it if you lack commitment, time, and/or $.

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
            Anybody want some US Spec grills? I have a set that are in good shape. Just come get them. PM or text 7202990886.

Thanks,
            Adam

pm sent. I'll pick them up tonight if your available.

Comment

Originally posted by bwells View Post
              pm sent. I'll pick them up tonight if your available.

I'm around. Pm or text for address.
              sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

left lower bolsters on my black sport seats are trashed. Foam is still good. I've done multiple searches and can't find a place that sells covers. Other solutions...?
                1991 349is (wadded up)
                1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
                2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
                1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
                2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Comment

There is an upholstry shop in NY that does full interiors for like $700-1800 depending on leather or cloth. could probably contact them, ill try to find the name again if you like.

HVAC stops working in sedan, figured it was just resistor or bad blower motor. Open up fan access in engine bay, suddenly everything works fine, clean and reattached connections, put back together. Doesnt work...
                  Last edited by Wschnitz; 11-03-2014, 03:25 PM.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Going to line my interior floor with some frost kings newer version of their duct insulation. " insulates and stops vibration" according to most, it's killer stuff and many prefer it over dynomat.. That and I'll be doing new carpet.. Might doña little DIY or something .

Comment

What's a good towing company to tow my car to an exhaust shop? Any recommendations?

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

Originally posted by wardie View Post
                        what's a good towing company to tow my car to an exhaust shop? Any recommendations?
                        AAA

Ask cheuk, whoever AAA hired probably does an alright job.
                        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                          ...I managed to find a M52b28 out of a Z3 for a decent deal. .... is this a decent motor?...
                          with the mileage it has you probably need to pull the head and do the timeserts. Is this from a 97/98 Z3? Its a great motor IMO especially when its in a lighter car. no additional weight penalty over a M20. A common whp seems to be ~220 with the S52 cams. I hope to dyno mine soon to see.

Originally posted by Pipes View Post
                          left lower bolsters on my black sport seats are trashed. Foam is still good. I've done multiple searches and can't find a place that sells covers. Other solutions...?
                          I think theres a place on ebay that sells covers. I saw it in another thread. "betty white" IIRC

Originally posted by Wardie View Post
                          What's a good towing company to tow my car to an exhaust shop? Any recommendations?
                          update your thread!!!!! :hitler:
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

My electronics are freaking out when I plug in my ecu to my computer and I can't find out why. It's fine otherwise.

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

Wait so it runs now?
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wardie View Post
                                My electronics are freaking out when I plug in my ecu to my computer and I can't find out why. It's fine otherwise.

ground?

and update your thread dude... people watch it and give you ideas instead of limiting yourself to the PNW chitchat

OR

figure it out on your own
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X