X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
    I am really confused as to what you are saying here;

You sold an LSD.

eBay threw it away and gave the buyer back their money.

You made money selling it.

There are many holes in this story.
    when you sell on eBay to buyers overseas, you ship the item domestically to the Pitney Bowes (IIRC) receiving center in Kentucky. its been awhile...

anyways they take your package and take care of all the customs paperwork, the international labeling etc for you. its how eBay works and why people prefer to sell overseas on eBay. They must have a policy of some kind that says very heavy/dense packages are not worth the trouble to send over the pond because IN MY CASE the buyer overseas was refunded by eBay and I kept the buyer's payment through paypal. The box never left the US (to my knowledge) and I never got the diff back. So basically I sold a diff on eBay and everything went great for me, the other guy not so much. I did everything I was instructed to do so I don't really care. life sux sometimes

Comment

Yea and then there's guys like you that do a shitload for the community (new and old), like, I dunno, rebuilding a piece of shit auto sedan into something really exciting to drive :P
      Anytime!

Our pnw group is pretty cool I must say.. for the most part.

Nando, do you have any m20 cam cards packed in that hard drive?

Comment

Originally posted by e30josh View Post
        Fully rebuilt with 40k on it, dyno tuned ecu with 168whp. Forgot who he said rebuilt and tuned itit (pro 3 guy) but it has perfect leak down and compression. Got it for a steal, new alternator and starter as well.

The guy I purchased it from was Blair. Never met him, dealt with Jerold the entire dea but it worked it great.. Realized how legit some sellers can be and on the other hand.... How some sellers can be dog shit.
        I have stories upon stories of r3v jackasses. I once borrowed a truck, rented a flat bed trailer, and drove 2 hours to Seattleto meet a forum member named Robert to buy his lot of parts. $1000 worth. After great communication the entire time, he started getting super shady once I told him I was arriving in Seattle with the trailer and needed to know where exactly to go. He didn't respond for about 2 hours, had some story about how he got robbed and beat up that morning.

Long story short, we agreed to meet the next day or asap. Robert texted me the next day saying he sold everything to someone else. What a kick to the dick that was! Took off work, rented a trailer and filled my brothers truck up with fuel. I lost over 300 bucks that day and more importantly, I lost a lot of respect for the young r3v community.

I see more and more r3v OG's leaving the scene yearly.. Not because they don't own e30's, but because of grtting ripped off by some punk with a lot of posts and so called reputation.

Live and learn I guess, I rarely even try to sell stuff because of the rediculous offers and questions you get on here.

R3v strong for 12 years!

There are plenty of those pos people on here like that.
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by e30josh View Post
          Anytime!

Our pnw group is pretty cool I must say.. for the most part.

Nando, do you have any m20 cam cards packed in that hard drive?
          no, I haven't really kept anything like that. Talk to digger though.

I keep thumb drives with all the stuff I've collected over the years. I back them up often, I've nearly had a heart attack when I've thought I lost them before lol.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            when you sell on eBay to buyers overseas, you ship the item domestically to the Pitney Bowes (IIRC) receiving center in Kentucky. its been awhile...

anyways they take your package and take care of all the customs paperwork, the international labeling etc for you. its how eBay works and why people prefer to sell overseas on eBay. They must have a policy of some kind that says very heavy/dense packages are not worth the trouble to send over the pond because IN MY CASE the buyer overseas was refunded by eBay and I kept the buyer's payment through paypal. The box never left the US (to my knowledge) and I never got the diff back. So basically I sold a diff on eBay and everything went great for me, the other guy not so much. I did everything I was instructed to do so I don't really care. life sux sometimes
            They have only in recent years started doing that.

I used to sell a lot of broadcast audio equipment when I was still a radio engineer. Sold a few on air consoles overseas, and often, they were fairly large and cumbersome. But at a couple grand each, it was worth the hassle.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Id love to get into that industry, any tips on how to get started? Im DJing at the community college tomorrow and its paying pretty nicely, gonna buy more e30 parts lol

Comment

Hey gays.

I'm selling off my parts hoard, if anyone wants anything I'll post a for sale ad.

I know nsubowen and 5toes. have bought stuff already. Austin tried lol
                Last edited by ahrensNW; 02-16-2016, 11:33 PM.
                Hank Ahrens
                1984 Alpine Coupe
                1978 911sc

Comment

post it up!

Comment

Id love to get into that industry, any tips on how to get started? Im DJing at the community college tomorrow and its paying pretty nicely, gonna buy more e30 parts lol
                    What part of the industry? Broadcasting, or radio in general?

If you want to be on air, be prepared to move all over the country or be satisfied with being stuck on the weekends or as part time.

I have been in and out of Radio Broadcasting since I was 10 years old. Got laid off 6 years ago shortly after Alpha Broadcasting bought what was left of the CBS stations in Portland. Not a huge surprise, 1/3 of the staff was let go.. Still have a few friends that work there, but I am in no hurry to get back in to it - make hella more $$$ being a software developer.

Sure, you get to hang with some famous people, get in to some cool events, and more free T-shirts than you could ever want. But then you also get to see that even famous people have issues.

Radio now has nothing to do with playing music. That's just a tiny part of the job - and in fact, the audio playout system does 90% of the work, and unless you work mornings/afternoon drive, chances are good you will be Voicetracking your shift (pre recording your breaks.)

The industry is not what it used to be, and in some ways, it's still stuck in the past (HD Radio.. still beating that dead horse?)

I was very lucky to have started in the 80's when it was still a very analog industry (stacks and stacks of carts!!) and unfortunately have seen the morphing of it in to what it is now..

Now if you are just thinking of rockin' the tables, even that has changed. I went from scratch DJ'ing to club DJ'ing in the vinyl era before TRaktor and digital systems became the norm. I will admit, I used a lot of CD's when I was playing at larger clubs and doing 4-6 hour shows. Part of it was because I wasn't always manipulating the tracks the entire time, and being able to play rough cuts of tracks from producers on CD was faster then waiting for a white label or test pressing to get out here..

But when I toured or did raves, I only used vinyl.

After all was said and done, I have some good memories, a lot of Airchecks and mix shows, and a cubic sh*t ton of CD's and vinyl..

..but I'm happier where I am in life now.
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                      Hey gays.

I'm selling off my parts hoard, if anyone wants anything I'll post a for sale ad.

Fortunately for everyone, my username is easy to figure out.

To confirm, rando gasket box is mine, along with strut bar and crank scraper, and maybe that black VC.
                      sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Fortunately for everyone, my username is easy to figure out.

To confirm, rando gasket box is mine, along with strut bar and crank scraper, and maybe that black VC.
                        yup
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                          Hey gays.

What you got for sale? I am looking for plastic bumpers, trunk carpet, dark grey or black cabin carpet, map light, trunk roundel, front kidney chrome, and some other stuff.
                          F80 M3 Alpine
                          E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                          E28 Blackish 535i
                          E21 Silver 320i
                          Disco1 98 4.6
                          ~~~~~~
                          E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                          E30 325i SOLD
                          E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                          E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
                            What you got for sale? I am looking for plastic bumpers, trunk carpet, dark grey or black cabin carpet, map light, trunk roundel, front kidney chrome, and some other stuff.
                            pm'd lol
                            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

"DJing" isn't really what is use to be, now they hook up a laptop with spoitfy or an iPhone...

Are you scratching records? I have a friend in LA, that is a DJ at an edm club, and he loses like 3 lbs a day, he's nuts.

But I went to a club his neighbor owned, and caught a glimpse of the laptop, it was Spotify... And the turn tables wernt plugged in ROFL

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

lmao fake ass DJs out there making a living. I am a digital DJ using traktor. Theres no point, besides nostalgia, anymore to be using vinyl. Hauling records to and fro, taking care of the turntables, replacing the needle, etc. I don't have any experience with but would like to learn... paging DJJERME haha. granted I do buy all my music, never have used Spotify and beatmatch using my ear :D I am looking to get a RANE mixer eventually and a pair of Pioneer CDJ's and then Im pretty much set.

Id like to learn about radio as a whole and be able to share my music taste with the world.

my gig today at the local college went pretty good. first hour was all 90s rap+hiphop, which is one of my favorite times for music. I played Dr Dre, People Under the Stairs, Raekwon, 2PAC, Tribe Called Quest, De la Soul, Souls of Mischief, etc... a couple older guys came up and told me they loved hearing the tunes they grew up on and I was truly flattered.

Comment

Working...
                                X