Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
    shoulda gone at least 16" ;)
    16" tire options suck. Plus I couldn't find a set of the 16's that I really wanted.:|

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
      Forget the 535i E28, I just came from one of those. Horrible gas mileage. The E28 528e is perfect.
      Yea it did guzzle fuel, at least more than an eta will. The best commuter I ever had was an '86 325eta with a 3:25 diff swap. Sipped fuel if you wanted it to

Bahama Beige E23 Project
      Bluebird Bus Conversion
      New Oregon Trail

Comment

86 325es= awesome fun but economical car.
        sigpic

Comment

Coming from a guy who currently drives an E28, I wouldnt buy one for the gas mileage. It's a great car, fun to drive and comfortable, but not great on gas...well, at least the M30 isn't.

If you decide to get one, get a SuperETA. However, I would really consider an E30 sedan. Much better on gas, IMO.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I dont care that much about mpgs as long as it isnt horrible.

My main needs are an auto trans, something older, and four doors. Yes an e30 would be awesome, but i don't want to have to pay the "popularity tax" they are incurring. The e28 is a classic bimmer which seems to be avoiding that so far.

But I refuse to drive a commuter appliance. And for the most part I don't really connect with newer cars (I've sold every one I bought within a year).
            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Forget the 535i E28, I just came from one of those. Horrible gas mileage. The E28 528e is perfect.
              Why don't you go hang out with Eta Power and jerk each other off? lol 70% of your fuel efficiency is the way you drive.

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Any other differences besides engines in the e vs i? Like did the i or is get better suspension, standard equipment, etc?

There's a white '88 528e on CL I might check out. Those had the i heads correct?
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                  I dont care that much about mpgs as long as it isnt horrible.

My main needs are an auto trans, something older, and four doors. Yes an e30 would be awesome, but i don't want to have to pay the "popularity tax" they are incurring. The e28 is a classic bimmer which seems to be avoiding that so far.

But I refuse to drive a commuter appliance. And for the most part I don't really connect with newer cars (I've sold every one I bought within a year).
                  There are a lot of cheap 4-door auto E30's floating around for ~$2000.

Comment

Ive had an e and I car, e is a commuter car.

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                    Why don't you go hang out with Eta Power and jerk each other off? lol 70% of your fuel efficiency is the way you drive.
                    Last edited by brutus87; 05-30-2011, 03:45 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

naw, im too busy getting jerked off by your mom...lol jk etc.
                      Ive had an e and i car, e is a commuter car.
                      lolomgwtfbbq!

Comment

Abes mom is dead

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I cannot type in all caps on this site. Is this a problem that other experience as well?

Comment

I C A N ;)

its to prevent "yelling" i think

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                              I C A N ;)

its to prevent "yelling" i think
                              Makes sense.

:hitler:

^That does the job pretty well right there ;)

Comment

Oops! Didnt know that, sorry Abe.
                                I owe you a drink :)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X