Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
    Another FW question.

Are the single mass and dual mass flywheels interchangeable?

The engine i'm building is from '86 and came with a single mass. That's the one i'm lightening this Friday.

The car the engine is going into is an '87 Eta... According to my research anything newer than 86 got a dual mass flywheel. Can I run the Single mass on my Eta, as long as I run the starter from the 86? I'm sure someone has been through this before. Thoughts?

Sorry for a noobish question. Don't have alot of experience with Flywheels/clutches/PP's. (GIGGIDY.)
    My car is an 86es with the 89is engine. Im using the 86es tranny clutch flywheel and starter so yes.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic

Comment

Asked my boss and got a short and sweet answer. Looks like it should work just fine!

MT325is - keep up the good work!
      Correct, just use single mass 325i clutch + flywheel/starter

Comment

You guys are da bess!

E30ROOSTER/Alex - Did you get your tuning issues figured out? Curious how everything went with Miller Performance. PM me if you don't want it public. ;P
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

If peoples signatures give your computer a hard time then you are doing something wrong. Hell my phone and tablet do just fine.
          Originally posted by Sonny
          I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I miss you Josh.
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

You guys are da bess!

E30ROOSTER/Alex - Did you get your tuning issues figured out? Curious how everything went with Miller Performance. PM me if you don't want it public. ;P
              Not yet man this shit is getting old. Fast. At this point I should have gone to a pnp/ems like mega squirt. I want to give them a chance to come to a responsible solution before I decide to make it "public". I really do like the intake sound their pro street induction kit aka long tube cold air intake with maf makes. I'm waiting on their business partner to come back from tuning in LA, but it seems like they don't know when that will be because he couldn't answer his cell phone or read any emails from his business partner when he's super busy "tuning" in LA.
              sigpic

Comment

Another FW question.

Are the single mass and dual mass flywheels interchangeable?

The engine i'm building is from '86 and came with a single mass. That's the one i'm lightening this Friday.

The car the engine is going into is an '87 Eta... According to my research anything newer than 86 got a dual mass flywheel. Can I run the Single mass on my Eta, as long as I run the starter from the 86? I'm sure someone has been through this before. Thoughts?

Sorry for a noobish question. Don't have alot of experience with Flywheels/clutches/PP's. (GIGGIDY.)
                You run whatever starter goes with your flywheel. You run whatever throwout bearing that goes with your clutch/pressure plate (95% of the time.)

So, if you're gonna use the eta flywheel, you use an eta starter. If you're using an "I" clutch, use an "I" throwout bearing/pressure plate.

Hope that clears things up!
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

She's in! Gonna start buttoning things up now. Maybe running in a few hours!

Comment

I miss you Josh.
                    I miss you too
                    Originally posted by Sonny
                    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                      If peoples signatures give your computer a hard time then you are doing something wrong. Hell my phone and tablet do just fine.
                      Thanks for the recap!

Comment

Running Single Mass FW/Starter from an 86.

Most likely going with a Sach's "Racing" clutch kit and PP. We run them on the PRO3 cars with good results so it should be good enough for my 2.7i.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Running Single Mass FW/Starter from an 86.

Most likely going with a Sach's "Racing" clutch kit and PP. We run them on the PRO3 cars with good results so it should be good enough for my 2.7i.
                          I think that's what I have on my car. Sachs part no. 1861661133. Tried for all of 5 seconds looking it up to no avail, but it didn't bother me too bad. Feels very similar to a stage 1, grabs hard and feels awesome.

Comment

Yeah, I remember when we were looking for the part number for the kit... Made ALOT of calls and finally figured it out.

Pretty sure the PN is engraved in my boss's brain at this point! Congrats on getting the engine in, looking good!

Be sure to PM me when in advance when you plan on coming up North for your Valence/Spoiler! Otherwise, It's safe here at the Honeycomb Hideout!
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

The ETA is under a cover and deep in my driveway so no worries as far as thievery goes. hehe
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post

She's in! Gonna start buttoning things up now. Maybe running in a few hours!
                                Nice.. Can't wait till mine is there! Lol. I wanna make it for march 30th! Lol. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363220098.625900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	7152569.
                                sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                                1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                                1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                                1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                                (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                                1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                                2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                                2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Working...
                                X