No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to me about fill'n'drills - is this sketchy? Obviously they need the 'fill' aspect figured out. And yes, I'm aware that is a hideous number of weights on the inside, this is the worst one.

sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Wow looking at those lug holes is making me feel drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
        Wow looking at those lug holes is making me feel drunk.
        Yea I'm not at all sure why they would be done that way but I also have zero experience with redrills. I was hoping to get some actual advice on whether or not this is 1 - dumb and 2 - safe. Haven't spent any money and would probably have a professional take a stab at them. All 4 were drilled in this same pattern.
        sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

I would rather run adpaters than fill n drill, the main reason being that I can get a new set of 5 lug wheels and not be screwed... also a lot of good looking wheels (BBS RK come to mind) you cant fill n drill.

I would be sketched to run fill n drill on my car, especially under hard ripyourfaceoff braking or track conditions.

Comment

Safety > Looks, in my personal opinion.

I'd rather run steelies and know I am safe than worry about my redrills busting a nut

Comment

I agree I'd steer clear personally. There's a reason why wheel shops don't do it, actually I believe it's illegal for a shop to do, don't quote me on that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

while on this topic,

I need to order adapters soon but Im not sure what size to get. the BBS RK I have are higher offset, but none are stamped with the the offset (yes I have checked extensively on all 4 of them). I am going to take some measurements and figure out the offset myself, but I don't know what final offset is gonna be best for my car.

17x8 wheels. I don't want a super aggressive look, I am thinking between et10 and et15 but am not sure - any input is appreciated. My other 5 lug wheels are all et20ish (15x7 et20, 17x8 et20, 17x8.5 et15, etc.). currently Im sitting on 15x7 et15 with 195/60/15s and it is sporty looking, its near perfect to be honest, ET10 would look even better.
                Last edited by 5Toes; 02-24-2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  I would rather run adpaters than fill n drill, the main reason being that I can get a new set of 5 lug wheels and not be screwed... also a lot of good looking wheels (BBS RK come to mind) you cant fill n drill.

I would be sketched to run fill n drill on my car, especially under hard ripyourfaceoff braking or track conditions.

Have run redrills for about 3 years, never any issue. Lots of spirited driving, a little autocross/lapping events at tracks aswell. Main reason back then for redrills was there were no adaptor's worth a damn, on the market.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                    Have run redrills for about 3 years, never any issue. Lots of spirited driving, a little autocross/lapping events at tracks aswell. Main reason back then for redrills was there were no adaptor's worth a damn, on the market.
                    Matt, how were yours drilled? I'm not so worried about drilling in the first place, mostly the locations chosen.
                    sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                      Matt, how were yours drilled? I'm not so worried about drilling in the first place, mostly the locations chosen.
                      I sent them to a shop in Cali called LA Wheel? I believe that's right.

They specialize in wheel modification. Banding steelies, all sorts of cool stuff.

Old holes were filled first, and machined smooth, and then new holes drilled. Shipping is obviously a joke at times, but if you have 3 piece wheels etc, you can just send the "honeycombs" in. Mine were one piece so I sent all 4 wheels.

I pmd a local in the area, paid him via PayPal and he dealt with company for me.

Also Stockton wheel I've heard people use aswell

I wouldn't use anyone in Oregon or Washington they either don't do it, or its 1000$

I paid I think 45$ a wheel, might be more now, last I heard was 50/60

Comment

lets just face it... no one sells an e34 oil pan as an e34 oil pan... 24V SWAP PAN 9K OBO
                        - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
                        @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Originally posted by iiTzvaughn View Post
                          lets just face it... no one sells an e34 oil pan as an e34 oil pan... 24V SWAP PAN 9K OBO

No shit, cheaper to buy a whole motor for 200$

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                            No shit, cheaper to buy a whole motor for 200$
                            Then part the rest out for $500 profit :devil:
                            @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Poor e34 owners can't buy a regular pan lol

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                                Poor e34 owners can't buy a regular pan lol
                                ill think about that when i want to slam an e34...
                                @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Working...
                                X