No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just couldn't do Facebook anymore. The amount of stupidity and misinformation, on a very regular basis, was slowly killing me on the inside. I will be here, until the very cold, bitter end, when the lights are shut off and they're forcibly pushing me, out of the door. I hope that won't be for a long time. One of the few things that has helped keep my sanity, over the years.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Not to mention - Forums are much better for reference to problems or builds then trying to dig through old Facebook posts.

..and yes, the PFA is annoying and lazy.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I don't care for the Facebook group. Its literally an avenue for selling stuff and quick answers to problems which have been discussed here constantly.

I think the core issue is the pathway to information, people are lazy, they want instant gratification, and forums are not always the best usage for that.

R3V on the forum side is a wealth of information, a database as you will. So we have our place.

I'd rather step on a bed of nails than search the Facebook group.. ugh

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          I will be here, until the very cold, bitter end, when the lights are shut off and they're forcibly pushing me, out of the door. I hope that won't be for a long time.
          Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
          R3V on the forum side is a wealth of information, a database as you will. So we have our place.
          I'm wondering if the 2002 crowd went through a lull when they were just old cars and there was not a lot of information out there (although that was probably the pre-forums era). Look at the core of enthusiasts keeping those up now. I'm thinking that as the E30 becomes more of a classic, there will always be a tech home for the info and the enthusiasts. r3v is that home.

Comment

The '02 crowd probably experienced this during the migration from BBS's to forums while using Sendata 700 acoustic couplers. That was followed by the E21 crowd trying to make the move to discussing things real time in chatrooms over 28.8 baud modems on AOL.

#revisionisthistory
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

tbh i just miss that all the memes moved to FB. The regularity of legendary threads is too low now for me.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

I mean this was like the #1 thread then it’s like weeks until people reply , I think James is right people want quick answers and with my circle of friends we sort of know what we need to knew and get by ok , so the forum is sort of dying , instagram and others are where people are migrating . I don’t really get any sales from here or sell random parts . If I need a part I ask on social media , and get what I need bought or sold immediately

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I'm here for the duration. Yes I have FB but for what?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                    I just couldn't do Facebook anymore. The amount of stupidity and misinformation, on a very regular basis, was slowly killing me on the inside.
                    I second that. It's painful. As in....it hurts my insides how wrong some answers are, yet get up voted in a second as the right answer.

Example: "I drove 60 miles on without coolant, is my head warped?" - ANSWER "No, just drop a new head gasket in and ***sent it***"

Someone kill me. Just drop a m20 block on my noggin. It will be over fast that way.

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                    I don't care for the Facebook group. Its literally an avenue for selling stuff and quick answers
                    It's the land of the millennials and 18-24 year olds that buys, and then thinks. So different then what I was taught. You research for 2-3 months, think about it, and confer with others, then you buy. Not FB. You buy, and then defend what you bought like it was the best, even if it wasn't. It reminds me of the atari/console wars back in the 80/90's. You had to pretend what you bought was the best, because otherwise was to admit you screwed up.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I’ve never been on r3v Facebook but it sounds like a terrible place.
                      I’ve had a much better life in the year or so since I turned that pos off.

I lurked for a few years before becoming a member and this place is great! I have spent countless hours reading. I think I’ve learned more on here then I did at school.

Thanks super smart r3v dudes!

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                        It reminds me of the atari/console wars back in the 80/90's. You had to pretend what you bought was the best, because otherwise was to admit you screwed up.
                        Unless you bought this:

Then you knew you were screwed as soon as you started to play it.
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

i mean i also think to say FB is full if idiots is a cop out, im not in stupid groups and dont have stupid people i deal with, drama free

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Great to meet up with Paolo this morning. Good talks man!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

I have 4 cracked dashboards and flocking for them. I bought the kit but don't have the time to use it and I don't want to just throw the dashes away. Anyone want to undertake this project for the amount I'm into it?

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
                                I have 4 cracked dashboards and flocking for them. I bought the kit but don't have the time to use it and I don't want to just throw the dashes away. Anyone want to undertake this project for the amount I'm into it?
                                Why so busy? Let me know I'm free on weekends sometimes and flocking a dash will take about 5 hours. I know I could do one quicker, and would love to help. I love diy stuff. I'm down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X